[alt.comp.compression] JPEG compression

lau@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Patrick Lau) (04/03/91)

I have been looking for a software that performs JPEG compression, and
I think it is called Alchemy. Does anyone know where I can get a copy
of that, or any other JPEG software? Thanks in advance.
Patrick Lau                       Computer Science Department
lau@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu             University of Minnesota
...!rutgers!umn-cs!lau            Minneapolis, MN 55455

cag@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu (Chris Gantz) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr2.182508.24699@cs.umn.edu> lau@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Patrick Lau) writes:
>I have been looking for a software that performs JPEG compression, and
>I think it is called Alchemy. Does anyone know where I can get a copy
>of that, or any other JPEG software? Thanks in advance.
>--
>Patrick Lau                       Computer Science Department
>lau@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu             University of Minnesota
>...!rutgers!umn-cs!lau            Minneapolis, MN 55455

If there is software that performs JPEG compression could I also receive
information on how I can obtain the software.  I am on a Sun Unix platform
Thanks in advance...

-Chris (cag@aragtap.den.mmc.com)

--
Chris Gantz				Internet: cag@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu
Dept. of Math & Computer Science		  cgantz@diana.cair.du.edu

lau@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Patrick Lau) (04/04/91)

Just want to say Thank You to all the people who responded to my
search for JEPG/Alchemy.