[alt.text.dwb] Is there a word processor for Unix?

sp@questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Steve Pershing) (04/15/91)

gat@skybridge.SCL.CWRU.Edu (Roy Gat) writes:

> Is there a good wp for unix thats NOT *TeX, or *ROFF?
> I'm looking for wordperfect or similar friendly wordprocessor.
> Any help much appreciated.

WordPerfect for UNIX has been available for some time.  Look in the
various PC Mag mail-order ads for pricing, or call WPcorp at their 800
number in Utah.

Seems to work just fine.  They also have other products available for
UNIX, like WP Office, etc.

 ---
    Steve Pershing, System Administrator

 : The QUESTOR Project: FREE Usenet News/Internet Mail; Sci, Med, AIDS, more :
 :===========================================================================:
 : Internet: sp@questor.wimsey.bc.ca     : POST: 1027 Davie Street,  Box 486 :
 : Phones:   Voice/FAX:  +1 604 682 6659 :       Vancouver, British Columbia :
 :           Data/BBS:   +1 604 681 0670 :       Canada  V6E 4L2             :

gat@skybridge.SCL.CWRU.Edu (Roy Gat) (04/16/91)

Is there a good wp for unix thats NOT *TeX, or *ROFF?
I'm looking for wordperfect or similar friendly wordprocessor.
Any help much appreciated.
-Roy.

  There is Microsoft Word for a number of UNIX flavors. I leave it to
you to quantify it as decent or not.
        "Most of the VAX instructions are in microcode,
         but halt and no-op are in hardware for efficiency"

jfv@cbnewsk.att.com (j.f.van valkenburg) (04/16/91)

In article <1991Apr15.170342.21249@usenet.ins.cwru.edu>, gat@skybridge.SCL.CWRU.Edu (Roy Gat) writes:
> Is there a good wp for unix thats NOT *TeX, or *ROFF?
> I'm looking for wordperfect or similar friendly wordprocessor.
> Any help much appreciated.
> -Roy.

Here at the company, we have used several UNIX word processors

CrystalWriter
Samna
and WordMark

all work some are better than others.

personally I like "vi" myself. ;-)

James F. Van Valkenburg         a.k.a.  "van"
AT&T 				Attmail: !jfv               jfv@cbnewsk.att.com
Atlanta, GA.			Voice  404-873-7920

   ---- Standard Disclaimers included -- Just another grunt at AT&T ----