[comp.sys.3b1] /dev/tty000 major & minor for 3.5 ???

esaffle@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Ed Saffle) (02/04/91)

In article <29694@usc> akatz@mizar.usc.edu (Alex Katz) writes:
>by the scheduler. So I was wondering if anyone with Version 3.5
>could tell me what those major, minor numbers for /dev/tty000
>should be.
  I'll have to check mine at work and see what they are......as a point
of interest though, does anybody have any info at all on major and minor
numbers for the 3.5?  Stuff like what the various numbers mean, etc....
I've been experiencing some difficulty with program interaction with various
devices.....thought maybe this was the best route to go.

'Tanx'
  Ed