[comp.sys.3b1] XBBS Wanted

dnichols@ceilidh.beartrack.com (DoN Nichols) (02/06/91)

In article <1991Feb5.225850.22474@ceilidh.beartrack.com> dnichols@ceilidh.beartrack.com (DoN Nichols) writes:
>In article <1991Feb5.223825.22322@ceilidh.beartrack.com> dnichols@ceilidh.beartrack.com (DoN Nichols) writes:
>>In article <7439@drutx.ATT.COM> dvac@druwa.ATT.COM (Daniel Vachon) writes:
>>>Well, I am looking for some PD/Shareware/Freeware BBS Software for my UNIX-PC.
>>>If you have one, please let me know!  Thanks!
>>
>>	There is a program suite called 'UNaXcess', written by Brandon S.
>>Allbery.  I don't have his net address at hand at the moment, but he
>
>	I forgot to mention one minor problem on the unix-pc.  It is
>necessary to re-name the program because of a name confilict.  It is
>normally named 'ua', so you can see the potential problems. :-)

	I also forgot that I wrote directly to dvac@druwa.ATT.COM (Daniel
Vachon) originally, instead of followup.  Sorry everybody.  I told him about
a program suite named 'UNaXcess' by Brandon S. Allbury (or is that Allbery?)
which does a quite portable bbs system, which I have compiled on v7
machines, BSD4.2 machines, and the SysVr2 of the unix-pc.

	It's portable and free.  (If Brandon still releases it.)  He had
requested at the time I got my copy that no sub-distribution be done.  All
copies were to be from him.  (This was a few years ago - drop him e-mail if
you're interested.)  His machine is ncoast, but I don't remember the full
domain name.  It was bang path when I got my copy.  He posts frequently to
comp.unix.internals, etc.

	Good Luck all
		DoN.
--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564