[comp.sys.3b1] Paper White 3b1

charlie@ureka.UUCP (charlie crassi) (02/03/91)

I emailed this and it bounced back in 2 days. Seems the return path
from Thad's posting is a bummer ...........
Thad,

Looking thru some of my old files I see that there were available thru
various vandors, a paper white and a amber crt for the Unix-pc. Why
don't you keep it simple and just change the tube ? ;-)
--
charlie

thad@btr.btr.com (02/05/91)

charlie@ureka.UUCP (charlie crassi) in <171@ureka.UUCP> writes:

	I emailed this and it bounced back in 2 days. Seems the return path
	from Thad's posting is a bummer ...........
	Thad,

	Looking thru some of my old files I see that there were available thru
	various vandors, a paper white and a amber crt for the Unix-pc. Why
	don't you keep it simple and just change the tube ? ;-)

Which path bounced?  All sites I'm on have fully-registered domains and appear
in UUNET's uucp maps (see below).

In any event, I've only seen one 3B1/UNIXPC having an amber phosphor CRT and
I've heard rumors of ONE within CT possessing a blue-white phosphor CRT; there
are many "white" phosphors available, most of which have an objectionable cast.

The term "paper white" means a specific phosphor (meaning a number something
like P4, P41, P33, etc. though I have no idea of the particular one; I've no
real data on monitors, phosphors, video, etc.).

Besides, the 3B1 with which I'm experimenting with external monitors NEEDS an
external monitor because it is in a floor-standing tower case.  :-)

Thad Floryan [ thad@btr.com (OR) {decwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]

-------------------- UUCP map attachment

The entry for BTR is from u.usa.ca.2 and that for PORTAL from u.usa.ca.10.
Notice the DATES of the entries.  These two entries are from UUNET.UU.NET
just a few days ago.  PORTAL is allegedly on the Internet as of Jan. 7, 1991.

#N	btr
#F	fernwood.mpk.ca.us
#S	Sun
#O	BTR Communications Company
#C	Customer Service
#E	cs@btr.com
#T	+1 415 966 1429
#P	P.O.Box 391690, Mountain View, CA 94039-1690
#L	37 23 N / 122 4 W city
#R
#W	cs@btr.com; Sun Jul 29 10:22:13 PDT 1990
#U	decwrl mips
#
btr	.btr.com
btr=	btr.com
btr	decwrl(DIRECT), fernwood(EVENING), mips(DIRECT)

#N	portal
#F	sun.com
#O	Portal Communications Company
#C	John Little
#E	portal!postmaster
#T	+1 408 973 9111
#P	10385 Cherry Tree Lane, Cupertino, CA 95014
#L	122 2 W / 37 19 N city
#R	Portal Communications Company gateway
#U
#W	portal!rich (Rich MacKinnon) ; Mon Jan  7 22:48:30 GMT 1991
#
portal  .portal.com
portal= portal.com
portal  sun(DEAD), atari(EVENING), hoptoad(EVENING), claris(EVENING),
        apple(EVENING), pyramid(EVENING), mips(EVENING), agana(DEMAND),
	analog2(DEMAND), blue(DEMAND), bodi(DEMAND), bosslog(DEMAND),
	ccs(DEMAND), cia(DEMAND), commune(DEMAND), cygnusx1(DEMAND),
	dartagnan(DEMAND), dreyfuss(DEMAND), everest(DEMAND), gdc(DEMAND),
	goethe(DEMAND), goodall(DEMAND), gupata(DEMAND), hspice(DEMAND),
	ictv(DEMAND), lexcube(DEMAND), luna(DEMAND), moidland(DEMAND),
	montana(DEMAND), motcad(DEMAND), mxtrcol(DEMAND), nanometrics(DEMAND),
	next1(DEMAND), nfl(DEMAND), nimno(DEMAND), opus(DEMAND),
	rainbow(DEMAND), resumix(DEMAND), rigdon(DEMAND), sierras(DEMAND),
	solar1(DEMAND), sv(DEMAND), stadium(DEMAND), sv200(DEMAND),
	thejungle(DEMAND), tma(DEMAND), tms(DEMAND), ussertk(DEMAND),
	vaneyck(DEMAND), via(DEMAND), wri(DEMAND), yosemite(DEMAND),
	zmail(DEMAND)

Mariusz@fbits.ttank.com (Mariusz Stanczak) (02/07/91)

In article <171@ureka.UUCP> charlie@ureka.UUCP (charlie crassi) writes:
>I emailed this and it bounced back in 2 days. Seems the return path
>from Thad's posting is a bummer ...........

Apparently Thad IS going through the address change he warned about.

>Looking thru some of my old files I see that there were available thru
>various vandors, a paper white and a amber crt for the Unix-pc. Why

Could you post the manufacturer/vendor/model names you came up with?
Maybe just changing the tube would be something even I could do ;-)

--
INET: Mariusz@fbits.ttank.com
CIS : 71601.2430@compuserve.com