[comp.sys.3b1] fan, power supply questions

afc@shibaya.lonestar.org (Augustine Cano) (02/11/91)

In article <11852@alice.att.com> wilber@homxb.att.com writes:

>2. I figure it's high time I did the DC -> AC fan replacement, taking a little
>   bit of the load off the power supply and improving the cooling.  So can
>   someone recommend a good, reliable, ball bearing AC fan that fits, isn't too
>   noisey, and puts out lots of air?  It is irrelevant whether the price is
>   $10 or $35, since it's certain to be cheaper than my disk or a new
>   motherboard.

There was talk sometime ago of a very quiet fan called the Boxer HiFi.
Does anyone know of a source?

--
Augustine Cano		INTERNET: afc@shibaya.lonestar.org
			UUCP:     ...!{ernest,egsner}!shibaya!afc

mvadh@cbnews.att.com (andrew.d.hay) (02/12/91)

In article <1991Feb11.015204.26201@shibaya.lonestar.org> afc@shibaya.lonestar.org (Augustine Cano) writes:
[]
"There was talk sometime ago of a very quiet fan called the Boxer HiFi.
"Does anyone know of a source?

newark electronics.  dunno if they do retail, though (group buy,
anyone?).

--
Ragged Individualist	| 			JAAAAAAANE!		       |