[comp.sys.3b1] wrastop

tcamp@uncecs.edu (Ted A. Campbell) (02/14/91)

This question has undoubtedly been asked before, but I've been trying
to develop a graphics application on the Unix PC and have tried the
VDI library and the MGR beta implementation. Both of these, for quite
different reasons, have failed to deliver all that I needed, and I'm back
to fiddling with tam and wrastop().

Question: has anyone out there developed routines for drawing lines,
rectangles, circles, etc. using wrastop()? Could I by chance see
these? If so, I shall be most appreciative. Thanks.

Ted A. Campbell
tcamp@uncecs.edu

tkacik@kyzyl.mi.org (Tom Tkacik) (02/14/91)

In article <1991Feb13.181411.27117@uncecs.edu>, tcamp@uncecs.edu (Ted A. Campbell) writes:

> Question: has anyone out there developed routines for drawing lines,
> rectangles, circles, etc. using wrastop()? Could I by chance see
> these? If so, I shall be most appreciative. Thanks.

I wrote a program, moire, which I posted to the net some time back.
In it are line and circle (ellipse) drawing routines,
using the wrastop() routine.  Rectangles are simply four lines.
The main reason I wrote it was for those routines, which I have yet
to use in any other program;-(.  They're use for the taking.

I do not not know whether it is at the ocu-cis archives, but it should be.
If you cannot find it, let me know and I can send it to you.

--
Tom Tkacik                |
tkacik@kyzyl.mi.org       |     To rent this space, call 1-800-555-QUIP.

thad@public.BTR.COM (Thaddeus P. Floryan) (02/14/91)

In article <1991Feb13.181411.27117@uncecs.edu> tcamp@uncecs.edu (Ted A. Campbell) writes:

>This question has undoubtedly been asked before, but I've been trying
>to develop a graphics application on the Unix PC and ...
>
>Question: has anyone out there developed routines for drawing lines,
>rectangles, circles, etc. using wrastop()? ...

I believe the "CheapDraw V2.0" at osu-cis may provide the answers you're
seeking!  ~/pub/att7300/cdraw.cpio.Z is the file name.

If you can "ftp", go to cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu [IP 128.146.8.62].

If you uucp, the (voluminous) details are in the FAQ of this newsgroup
which will (hopefully) appear soon.

Thad Floryan [ thad@btr.com (OR) {decwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]