[comp.sys.3b1] DWB

dnichols@ceilidh.beartrack.com (DoN Nichols) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.181618.26279@cbnewsc.att.com> guy@cbnewsc.att.com (guy.r.berentsen) writes:

	[ ... PEGASUS text deleted ... ]

>Re DWB - Most of what I would want from dwb (a good version of troff)
>has been available from elan (EROFF).
>The 3b1 version of this package was (maybe still is) sold for ~$900 .
>
>I would assume that most people willing to spend ~$900 for troff
>already have it and dwb would have to be offered at a substantialy
>lower price to generate additional interest.

	I just brought up groff 1.00.  It is even better than groff 0.5,
which was quite good enough.  There is one module in pic which runs the 3b1
out of VIRTUAL memory when compiled with the -O flag on.  The choices are:
	1) Turn off -O for all files in the makefile.
	2) When it bombs, re-issue the compile command that failed, leaving
	   out the -O flag.

	I chose #2 above.  This version seems faster than the 0.5 version.
I haven'g wrung it out yet, but there are additional programs, including
'grog', which looks at the source text, and tries to guess which macro
packages (if any) are needed.

	There is even a binary version now available for the 3b1.  Word was
posted just a few days ago, so I don't need to send my copy to osu-cis.

	I heartily reccomend it,
	and THE PRICE IS RIGHT!
		DoN.
--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564