[comp.sys.3b1] comp.sys.3b1 feed offered

kak@hico2.UUCP (Kris A. Kugel) (02/16/91)

I'm again offering feeds.  Not that mine is so good at the moment,
but I'm working on that.

Conditions:
	1. Anywhere, any speed if you poll
	2. you should forward unix-pc,comp.sys.3b1, and comp.sources.3b1
	   articles generated near your machine, maybe skipping those
	   that traveled through well connected sites like uunet or att.
	   (this helps me keep my set reliable, and makes sure your
	    and your neighbor's messages get out)
	3. I'll send mail to you on demand if you have a telebit.

(sample B news sys file line for hico2 based on these comments below)
hico2/uunet,att:world,na,usa,unix-pc,comp.sys.3b1,comp.sources.3b1,to.hico2:L4F:

If you want to do this short-term until the dust settles, that's fine.

                               Kris A. Kugel
                             ( 908 ) 842-2707
                      uunet!tsdiag.ccur.com!hico2!kak
                        {daver,ditka,zorch}!hico2!kak
                      internet: kak@hico2.westmark.com

dave@galaxia.Newport.RI.US (David H. Brierley) (02/19/91)

In article <1072@hico2.UUCP> kak@hico2.westmark.com writes:
>I'm again offering feeds.  Not that mine is so good at the moment,
>but I'm working on that.

Anyone in New England that wants a feed a little closer to home is welcome
to get a feed from my site.  Due to budget constraints, my offer is limited
to the following: comp.*.3b1 and unix-pc.*, I can call anywhere in New England.
If you want more than those few groups you must be willing to call me or you
must be located within the local calling area of Newport, RI (actually, I
am in Portsmouth, RI but my phone has a Newport exchange).

I currently receive these groups from zorch, attdso, and skeeve and my
primary newsfeed (rayssd) gets them from uunet, icus, ditka, and mirror as
well as from their primary feed.  I also plan to set up a link with Kris's
machine.
--
David H. Brierley
Home: dave@galaxia.newport.ri.us; Work: dhb@quahog.ssd.ray.com

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce D. Becker) (02/20/91)

In article <1072@hico2.UUCP> kak@hico2.westmark.com writes:
|I'm again offering feeds.  Not that mine is so good at the moment,
|but I'm working on that.
|
|Conditions:
|	1. Anywhere, any speed if you poll
|	2. you should forward unix-pc,comp.sys.3b1, and comp.sources.3b1
|	   articles generated near your machine, maybe skipping those
|	   that traveled through well connected sites like uunet or att.
|	   (this helps me keep my set reliable, and makes sure your
|	    and your neighbor's messages get out)
|	3. I'll send mail to you on demand if you have a telebit.
|
|(sample B news sys file line for hico2 based on these comments below)
|hico2/uunet,att:world,na,usa,unix-pc,comp.sys.3b1,comp.sources.3b1,to.hico2:L4F:
|
|If you want to do this short-term until the dust settles, that's fine.

	I have put together a handy system which
	emails compressed news batches, and injects
	them back into news at the receiving end.
	It even works (although with delays of course)
	with ihave/sendme, and is compatible with
	both B & C news.

	I can make this available as a test distribution
	to those who need to provide such a service, or
	who would be the recipients.  I also would be
	willing to mail "unix-pc.*" and "comp.*.3b1"
	news batches to anyone who needed them, using
	this system.

--
  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario
a /i/	 Internet: bdb@becker.UUCP, bruce@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu