[comp.sys.3b1] more on 3b1 tapedrive

rmfowler@texrex.uucp (Rex Fowler) (03/03/91)

I tested my tape drive and controller on another 3b1 this weekend and
guess what, it WORKED!  This is the same thing that happened to John
Campbell.

I also tried it on my machine in every slot with no other boards present
and it still doesn't work.

I would like to ask everyone who has a tape drive to please look at
your motherboard rev. level and the controller board rev. level and
report them to me via email.  I will post a summary if I see anything
that stands out as saying "this motherboard won't work with this controller."

Thanks in advance.

--
Rex Fowler <rmfowler%texrex@cirr.com>
UUCP:  egsner!texrex!rmfowler

rmfowler@texrex.uucp (Rex Fowler) (03/06/91)

In article <1991Mar3.033549.492@texrex.uucp> I wrote:

>I would like to ask everyone who has a tape drive to please look at
>your motherboard rev. level and the controller board rev. level and
>report them to me via email.  I will post a summary if I see anything
>that stands out as saying "this motherboard won't work with this controller."

Besides the rev. level of the motherboard, I would also like the information
found on the left rear of the motherboard that looks like
PCA D-60-00-237-02 (or something similar).

As Thad discovered in his DRUN findings, these numbers ARE significant.

Thanks again