[comp.sys.3b1] Help with Voicepower Applications

slaski@netwrx1.NW1.COM (Robert Slaski) (03/28/91)

I am trying to use a 3B1 as an automated attendant and voice mail
system for my small Panasonic telephone key system (model 616).
I have the AT&T Automated Attendant v1.0 software.  It works but it
has bugs.  The Answering machine software (v2.0) is not oriented to
multiple mailboxes.

Does anyone have a later or better version of the
automated attendant?  Has anyone created a multiple voice mailbox
application similar to the PC Complete Answering Machine product?
I have been unable to connect to OSU to get Gil's answering machine software.
Does it support multiple voice mailboxes?

  Robert Slaski			Usenet:	  uunet!netwrx1!slaski
  Open Networks			Internet: slaski%netwrx1@uunet.uu.net
  11490 Commerce Park Drive               slaski@netwrx1.nw1.com
  Suite 205
  Reston, VA  22091      	Voice:    (703) 648-0013

sparkie@picard.cs.wisc.edu (Mark J. Horn) (03/30/91)

In article <1225@netwrx1.NW1.COM> slaski@netwrx1.NW1.COM (Robert Slaski) writes:
>I have the AT&T Automated Attendant v1.0 software.  It works but it
>has bugs.  The Answering machine software (v2.0) is not oriented to
>multiple mailboxes.

Woah!  I didn't even know this software existed.  Anyone willing to get rid
of their copy - I'm very interested.

>I have been unable to connect to OSU to get Gil's answering machine software.
>Does it support multiple voice mailboxes?

Hmmm...I thought I was going to be able to answer this question, but I can't
really, however my initial reaction was to say "no it doesn't support multiple
mailboxes"  On a related note - that piece of software requires some libs that I
don't have.  Off the top of my head they were "libvoice.a" and "libtts.a"  What
package did those libs come in, and is anyone willing to part with that?

BTW - Gil put some comment in his readme about getting these libs directly from
him, if it turned out not to be illegal.  I tried sending him email, but he
didn't respond and it doesn't "seem" to be an all too legal thing anyway.  Did
anyone actually get the libs from Gil?  Is he still willing to mail 'em out?

As always - thanks,
- sparkie
--
/ __\| . \/ . \| . \| |/ /|_|| _ |	sparkie@picard.cs.wisc.edu