[comp.sys.3b1] Compiling problems on 3B1

forrie@morwyn.UUCP (Forrie Aldrich) (04/12/91)

I seem to be having some strange problems compiling programs here.

My loader is complaining about not being able to find certain objects
in the C library.  Standard things like _doprnt.o (called in doprnt.o) and
setvbuf.o  .....  they ARE there, and I checked.  I EVEN re-installed my
development set, and no dice.

Could someone tell me what might be wrong here?  I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Forrie

uunet!eci!morwyn!forrie
--

--------------------=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--------------------
Forrest Aldrich, Jr.|   ...uunet!eci!morwyn!forrie       |forrie@morywn.UUCP

floyd@ims.alaska.edu (Floyd Davidson) (04/13/91)

In article <80@morwyn.UUCP> forrie@morwyn.UUCP (Forrie Aldrich) writes:

>I seem to be having some strange problems compiling programs here.
>
>My loader is complaining about not being able to find certain objects
>in the C library.  Standard things like _doprnt.o (called in doprnt.o) and
>setvbuf.o  .....  they ARE there, and I checked.  I EVEN re-installed my
>development set, and no dice.

Mail to you bounced.

They are not in the shared lib.  Extract them from libc.a and
explicitly link them with your program.

Floyd

--
Floyd L. Davidson   | Alascom, Inc. pays me, |UA Fairbanks Institute of Marine
floyd@ims.alaska.edu| but not for opinions.  |Science suffers me as a guest.