[comp.sys.3b1] Help!!

hhuihua%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Huang HuiHuang) (05/06/91)

Hi,

  Can anyone tell me where I can find "zact" in the network. If I want to
download the gcc files from ohio-state, I need "zact" to uncompress the
files. So, is anyone can help!!!  Thanks!!!!

  Have a nice day!!!

  Hui-Huang Huang

ahh@glyph.kingston.ny.us (Andy Heffernan) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May5.143553.10618@hellgate.utah.edu> hhuihua%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Huang HuiHuang) writes:
>Hi,
>
>  Can anyone tell me where I can find "zact" in the network. If I want to
>download the gcc files from ohio-state, I need "zact" to uncompress the
>files. So, is anyone can help!!!  Thanks!!!!

(That's "zcat" incidentally)

If you have compress and uncompress, then you have zcat.
$ ln compress zcat

If you don't have compress, there used to be a copy on osu-cis under
~/att7300 in the cpio archive compress.cpio, which is the source and
binary for compress.

  Andy Heffernan		$BJ8;z(J		uunet!glyph!ahh