[comp.sys.3b1] HDB uucp and the phone manager

harter@ficc.ferranti.com (ron harter) (05/09/91)

Hello fellow 3b1 users

I need some help getting HDB uucp up and running on my 3b1. Every time I try
to dial out I get an error. It says device ph0 is locked. I discovered that
using phtoggle cures the problem and I am able to dial out. How do I set
the system up and get around this when I poll other machines. I have just the
one phone line into the house so I can't set up a dedicated data line.

Thanks in advance

-- --
| Ron Harter                           | tongue tied and twisted just an earth|
| Ferranti International Controls      | bound misfit .. I                    |
| harter@ficc.ferranti.com             |          David Gilmour               |

bruce@balilly (Bruce Lilly) (05/10/91)

In article <O-5BC+4@ris1.ferranti.com> harter@ficc.ferranti.com (ron harter) writes:
> How do I set
>the system up and get around this when I poll other machines.

Edit /usr/lib/uucp/uudemon.hour so that the phone line is set to DATA mode
before uusched is run, then set back to VOICE mode after it completes.
You'll have to run uusched in foreground from the script. You might also
wish to get Lenny's "phset" program to set the phone line mode.

--
	Bruce Lilly		blilly!balilly!bruce@sonyd1.Broadcast.Sony.COM