[comp.sys.3b1] Inquiry on 3b1 machine

alex@umbc4.umbc.edu (Alex S. Crain) (05/11/91)

In article <1991May10.193839.4095@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> wkwong@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Waihon A Kwong) writes:

>Will there be anyone please tell me something about 3b1's basic?
>I'm new here, and I have an offer to buy an 3b1 machine.

	My advice is to buy the 2meg 3b1 w/ tape drive and DOS card
for $950 that was advertised recently, thats about as cheap as I've
ever seen one.

	As far as the machine goes, I like mine (both of them).
Its a nice stable
unix box with boatloads of free software, and as they move comfortably
into old age, they are becomming more dedicated instead of obsolete,
and will ultimately become mail servers, or print spoolers or relegated
so some other support function. After two or three years with no
problems save a disk failure, they are still used regularly by me and
my wife to read mail/news, do homework (TeX, C and Lisp), play, and
experiment on.

	Theres nothing even close for the price.

--
#Disclaimer: Anyone who agrees  #                 Systems Programmer