[comp.sys.3b1] Problem w/ HDB Uucp and External Modem

msm@telos.Newport.RI.US (Mark S. Mersereau) (05/15/91)

In article <375@telos.Newport.RI.US>, I wrote:

> I'm having no end of trouble getting an external modem (2400 baud
> Practical Peripherals model PM2400SA) to work with Honey DanBer
>    .
>    .
>    .
>   etc.

Please disregard my plea for help.  While researching the above
problem report, I had to dig up the version of the uucp system
I was using -- V4.6 .  After posting the article, I was curious
and looked up the version of uucp that was available from the unix-pc
archives -- V5.4 .  Hmm.  Quite a difference in version numbers.
I copied the V5.4 uucp, and was amazed to find out that it works with
the 2400 baud external modem.

This isn't the first time I've desparately posted a problem report to
the net only to find the solution a short time later.  Sorry [again] for
the mostly unnecessary posting.

---
Mark Mersereau   msm@telos.Newport.RI.US