[comp.sys.3b1] Device Driver Development Guide on osu-cis updated

kak@hico2.UUCP (Kris A. Kugel) (06/06/91)

On or about Tuesday (June 4), we updated the Device Driver
Development guide on osu-cis from version 2.2 to version 2.6.

Old version:
-rw-rw-r--  1 ftp    51525 Apr  6 23:50 att7300/documents/DDDguide.mm.Z

The new version is around 52065 bytes long, and will be
128605 bytes long when uncompressed.

For those with ftp access, osu-cis ftp address is
"cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu".  Full name of the file is
/usr/spool/uucppublic/att7300/documents/DDDguide.mm.Z

While many of the fixes from the previously available
version are trivial to the casual reader, several fixes
would be important to anybody actually using this guide to
write a driver.  And the output should look a LOT better on
a standard 80-character printer with nroff.

Highlights of these changes:

o allows reasonable-looking tables to be printed with nroff
  within 80 columns

o fixes several mis-reproduced type declarations in the
  subroutine summarys and explanations

o reworded some paragraphs for clarity

o fixes many small typos and format problems

o changes *'s in code to math stars (should look the same
  with nroff and better with troff)

		      Kris A. Kugel
		      (908) 842-2707
		  kak@hico2.westmark.com
		{lots of places}!hico2!kak

dave@galaxia.Newport.RI.US (David H. Brierley) (06/12/91)

In article <1840@hico2.UUCP> kak@hico2.westmark.com writes:

>For those with ftp access, osu-cis ftp address is
>"cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu".  Full name of the file is
>/usr/spool/uucppublic/att7300/documents/DDDguide.mm.Z

One minor correction to this: the file name listed is correct for *uucp*
access but for *ftp* access the name is "pub/att7300/documents/DDDguide.mm.Z".
--
David H. Brierley
Home: dave@galaxia.newport.ri.us; Work: dhb@quahog.ssd.ray.com