[alt.cd-rom] Has anyone used a DEC RRD40 CD ROM drive on a MAC?

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (06/12/91)

rob@cs.aukuni.ac.nz (Rob Burrowes ) writes:

>We have a spare DEC RRD40 CD ROM SCSI drive and I thought it might be nice
>to have attached to my mac. Has anyone tried this? If you have can you
>tell me how to go about it? I have tried the straight forward plug it in
>and hope approach. I can be very optimistic at times.
>Thanks.

There's no way to be certain for any arbitrary CD-ROM drive whether it
will work on a Macintosh, but you need a couple of things:
	1) a driver
	2) a SCSI CD-ROM drive :-)
	3) appropriate cabling.

The two companies I know of who sell generic CD-ROM drivers for the
Macintosh are:
     Optical Media International
     485 Alberto Way
     Los Gatos, CA 95032