[can.canet.d] forwarded question

molnar@utcs.utoronto.ca (Tom Molnar) (01/11/91)

This note may reappear, apologies for any duplication.  Hopefully my note
about adjusting the moderator alias will prevent future posting problems.

Tom

    Date:	Thu, 10 Jan 1991 23:38:51 -0500
    From:	andrew@calvin.doc.ca (Andrew Patrick)
    To:	molnar@utcs.utoronto.ca (Tom Molnar)
    Subject: Re: Testing new newsgroup

    News postings seem to be working, but my mailpaths file directs
    follow-ups to moderated newsgroups be sent to uunet.uu.net:

    On Jan 10, 11:35pm, Mail Delivery Subsystem wrote:
    } Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
    |    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
    | <<< 550 <can-canet-d@uunet.uu.net>... User unknown
    | 550 <can-canet-d@uunet.uu.net>... User unknown

    will that be fixed?

    In article <91Jan10.122001est.19286@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca> molnar@utcs.utoronto.ca (Tom Molnar) writes:

    >This is a trial post to the USENET group can.canet.d.  The posting
    >should reach the mailing list members as well.  The group is a

    OK, news seems to be working.

    My first question is:  What is the status of CA*net?  I am familiar
    with the plans, but have not heard about the progress.  What
    connections have been made?  What is still left to do?  Are things on
    schedule?

    --
    Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.       Department of Communications, Ottawa, CANADA
                   andrew@calvin.doc.CA    andrew@doccrc.BITNET