[can.canet.d] can.canet.d

molnar@utcs.utoronto.ca (Tom Molnar) (01/11/91)

Just a reminder to the people who read the newsgroup.  Can.canet.d is
moderated, and the moderator address was included in the control message
that was sent out to create the group.  It'll be important for the
local news administrator to make sure that the moderator address is
properly set up, otherwise the default action is to mail posted articles
to uunet.  We don't necessarily wish to rely on uunet for moderated
can.* groups, now do we?

So please check to make sure that the moderator for can.canet.d is
in fact canet-d@canet.ca and the live person alias is canet-d-request@canet.ca.

Regards,
Tom Molnar

andrew@calvin.doc.ca (Andrew Patrick) (01/11/91)

In article <91Jan11.000533est.18468@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca> molnar@utcs.utoronto.ca (Tom Molnar) writes:

>So please check to make sure that the moderator for can.canet.d is
>in fact canet-d@canet.ca and the live person alias is canet-d-request@canet.ca.

In keeping with the tradition of forming mailpaths files, should this
note be
	can-canet-d
where the periods are replaced by dashes?

--
Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.       Department of Communications, Ottawa, CANADA
               andrew@calvin.doc.CA    andrew@doccrc.BITNET

molnar@utcs.utoronto.ca (Tom Molnar) (01/11/91)

# In keeping with the tradition of forming mailpaths files, should this
# note be
# 	can-canet-d
# where the periods are replaced by dashes?

The newsgroup creation was preceeded by the formation of the list itself.
That convention is one originated by uunet -- we tend to maintain our own
mailpaths file, and of 300 or so entries, less than 10 follow that
convention.  Uunet merely redirects news-group-name to the appropriate
moderator.  Since news administrators usually have to manually override
the uunet default, the address of the moderator shouldn't be of
particular importance.