[comp.multimedia] Multimedia bibliography anyone?

guido@cwi.nl (Guido van Rossum) (01/16/91)

Since a previous query in comp.mail.multimedia got me very little
results, here it goes again.

I am looking for specific references to articles on Multimedia research.
A bibliography would be perfect, but pointers to individual articles you
liked are welcome.  Or are you all keeping this information a secret so
I won't be able to play with you? :-)

--
Guido van Rossum, CWI, Amsterdam <guido@cwi.nl>
"A thing of beauty is a joy till sunrise"

asb@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Amy Bruckman) (01/16/91)

In article <2807@charon.cwi.nl> guido@cwi.nl (Guido van Rossum) writes:
>I am looking for specific references to articles on Multimedia research.
>A bibliography would be perfect, but pointers to individual articles you
>liked are welcome.  Or are you all keeping this information a secret so
>I won't be able to play with you? :-)

An extensive annotated bibliography of hypermedia can be found in:
Nielsen, Jakob.  "Hypertext and Hypermedia."  San Diego: Academic Press, 1990.

(Let's not start a debate about the difference between "hypermedia" and
"multimedia."  They're different.  This bibliography  has more information on
interface design and less on compression algorithms and hardware,
although it does include information on those topics.)

-- asb