[comp.multimedia] Is VR a multimedia subject?

esg@sodium.ATT.COM (Edward Gokhman) (02/12/91)

From article <3004@sodium.ATT.COM>, by esg@sodium.ATT.COM (Edward Gokhman):
> From article <1991Feb04.124036.340@abblund.se>, by nick@abblund.se:
>>
>> 3. Are subjects like Virtual Reality (or Cyberspace) part of multimedia?
>

> They may be.
I'd like to add to it. Consider a combination of EyePhones, DataGlove,
and Convolvotron, with the latter providing the technology to
position sounds in 3-D space using headphones, correlating with
coordinates and movements of visuals provided by EyePhone. It is
a "classic" hypermedia situation. --Ed Gokhman

jclark@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (John Clark) (02/17/91)

In article <3015@sodium.ATT.COM> esg@sodium.ATT.COM (Edward Gokhman) writes:
+I'd like to add to it. Consider a combination of EyePhones, DataGlove,
+and Convolvotron, with the latter providing the technology to

How about EyeSights or EyeViewers, EyePhones sounds a transformation
of audio into viewable scenes for the Eyes.
--

John Clark
jclark@ucsd.edu