[comp.multimedia] Interactive Multimedia on UNIX

Steffen_CV@cc.curtin.edu.au (02/27/91)

I am interested in hearing about any current developments and/or research in
the area of interactive multimedia on UNIX systems.  Numerous magazines on
UNIX machines have provided little ideas and given no clues on current
developments in this area.  But I am sure multimedia applications will make
their way into the UNIX environment ...

David.

David Newman                E-Mail: tsteffen@cc.curtin.edu.au
CURTIN University           Fax:    +61 9 351 2584
Perth, AUSTRALIA            Phone:  +61 9 351 7960

schwartz@ils.nwu.edu (Diane Schwartz) (03/20/91)

In article <7251.27cbd15c@cc.curtin.edu.au>, Steffen_CV@cc.curtin.edu.au
writes:

> I am interested in hearing about any current developments and/or research in
> the area of interactive multimedia on UNIX systems.  Numerous magazines on
> UNIX machines have provided little ideas and given no clues on current
> developments in this area.  But I am sure multimedia applications will make
> their way into the UNIX environment ...
>
> David.

> David Newman                E-Mail: tsteffen@cc.curtin.edu.au
> CURTIN University           Fax:    +61 9 351 2584
> Perth, AUSTRALIA            Phone:  +61 9 351 7960

The purpose of our organization is to develop educational and training
software.  We do this on a number of platforms including Sparc stations.
On the Sparc, we use a Raster Ops video card (for on screen motion
video), a Pioneer 8000 video disk player, and an external amplifier for
audio.

-diane

(*diane schwartz ---> schwartz@ils.nwu.edu                        (*
(*                    institute for the learning sciences         (*
(*                    northwestern university                     (*
(*"Badges?!  We don't need no stinkin' badges!" - Blazing Saddles (*