[comp.multimedia] grabbing video clips on a sun workstation

shepherd@cs.dal.ca (Mike Shepherd) (04/09/91)

	I would greatly appreciate information regarding equipment to
capture and playback video clips.  We would like to operate at about
30 frames per second.

	We are running a Sun 4/490 fileserver with Sparcstation 1's with
colour monitors and with SUN IPC colour workstations ethernetted together.
We are using XView to build the user interface.

	Thanks very much.

mike shepherd:	shepherd@cs.dal.ca

andrew@calvin.doc.ca (Andrew Patrick) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr8.203332.12969@cs.dal.ca> shepherd@cs.dal.ca (Mike Shepherd) writes:

>	I would greatly appreciate information regarding equipment to
>capture and playback video clips.  We would like to operate at about
>30 frames per second.
>
>	We are running a Sun 4/490 fileserver with Sparcstation 1's with
>colour monitors and with SUN IPC colour workstations ethernetted together.
>We are using XView to build the user interface.
>
>	Thanks very much.
>
>mike shepherd:	shepherd@cs.dal.ca

We are currently looking at "Videophile" from Paradise Softare
(support@paradise.com).  The latest versions supports Sun's new
VideoPix board for SparcStations.  It claims to do playback at 30
frames/sec, although capture and compression is much slower.

--
Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.       Department of Communications, Ottawa, CANADA
andrew@calvin.doc.CA