[comp.multimedia] Need PC-VCR, SanFrancisco

drapeau@sioux.Stanford.EDU (George Drapeau) (02/14/91)

In article <4766@mindlink.UUCP> Rick_McCormack@mindlink.UUCP (Rick McCormack) writes:

   in an article, <larry@postgres.uucp> Larry Rowe writes:

   >I have been trying to find a place where I can purchase the
   >NEC PC-VCR.  I haven't had much luck.  Any suggestions?  If
   >geography matters, I am located in the San Francisco bay
   >area.
   >        Larry
    Can't give you a firm name but can suggest that you look in the yellow pages
   under audio-visual equipment and supplies.  Hope you find what you want.

   Maybe you could post the cost of the unit when you get it?  Thanks.

Television Associates in Mountain View carries the PC-VCR.  The price
of the NEC is $2100.  Their number is (415) 967-6040.

By the way, to find out the location of your nearest NEC PC-VCR
supplier, you can call NEC's 800 number.  It is:

	(800) 366-3632
George D. Drapeau			Internet: drapeau@jessica.stanford.edu
Academic Information Resources
Stanford University

richards@huracan.cr (Edgardo Richards) (04/11/91)

Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a PC-VCR and what can one do
with it?

We have an audiographic (voice and slow data) teleconferencing
system that spans six countries and works over regular phone lines.
We believe that a PC-VCR might be of use to our project.

Thanks in advance...

 -Edgardo Richards
  CSUCA, Costa Rica