[comp.multimedia] CDROMS

mmartin@nmsu.edu (Marilyn Martin ) (05/15/91)

I need some information on CDROM drives for the PC and the Amiga.  Does
anyone know the name and publisher and address or phone of the magazine on\
CDROMS?  Does anyone know of a review of CDROM tech specs (speed, etc.)?

Does anyone have a favorite CDROM drive?

Any insights on search/interface software??

Thanks

Marilyn

vanover@bcsaic.UUCP (Jann VanOver) (05/25/91)

In article <47816@bcsaic.UUCP> vanover@bcsaic.UUCP (Jann VanOver) writes:
>In article <1290@opus.NMSU.Edu> mmartin@nmsu.edu (Marilyn Martin ) writes:
>>I need some information on CDROM drives for the PC and the Amiga.  Does
>>anyone know the name and publisher and address or phone of the magazine on\
>>CDROMS?
>There are many.  But do you want magazines about the technology in
>general? What hardware to buy?  Making your own CD ($$$$$$$)?
>What Titles are available on CD-ROM?  The best "magazines" about
>available titles are:
>    a) Call or write to the "Optical Publishing Association".  They
>       publish a catalog of CD-titles available.
>	  OPA

Correction: OPA does NOT publish the catalog I was thinking of.  It is
published by the Bureau of Electronic Publishing.  The catalog is called
"The Source For CD-ROM"  I can't find their address, but they have an
800 number, 1-800-828-4766.  I know 800 numbers don't always work
outside the US, but it's all I have right now.  If anyone needs more
info, please email me and I will make an effort to find it.

Sorry for the mistake in my first posting, but it happens!  ;-)

Jann VanOver
vanover@atc.boeing.com