[comp.multimedia] M-Motion and ToolBook or Plus

tj@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Terry Jones) (05/27/91)

I want to develop some applications using an M-Motion adapter under
Windows 3 using either ToolBook or Plus. I woudl be interested in
any information or pointers to information.

There are a number of DLL's that come with the M Control/2 program
and I would like to see even a trivial example using them.

Somebody MUST have done something with this card by now!

tj

milne@ics.uci.edu (Alastair Milne) (06/02/91)

In <1991May27.142710.20549@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca> tj@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Terry Jones) writes:

>I want to develop some applications using an M-Motion adapter under
>Windows 3 using either ToolBook or Plus. I woudl be interested in
>any information or pointers to information.

>There are a number of DLL's that come with the M Control/2 program
>and I would like to see even a trivial example using them.

>Somebody MUST have done something with this card by now!

    Yes indeed.  With Turbo Pascal 6.0 .

    As I do every time this subject comes up, I will strongly recommend
    a software engineering language, such as Turbo Pascal, or Ada,
    or Modula-2 or -3, over authoring languages.  The ultimate result
    is almost always code that is not only faster, but is more robust
    and maintainable.

    We are a research and development group at the university of California
    creating intensely interactive (i.e. conversational) learning programs,
    and we have been using Pascal for them since 1979.  We have had very
    good results from it.

    Now, we unfortunately do not have either OS/2 nor Turbo Pascal for
    Windows, so I can't talk about direct experience with DLL files.
    I *have*, however, written a Pascal unit (into a TPU file) to provide
    client programs with control of the M-Motion, and it works very
    nicely.

    I strongly recommend you look into Turbo Pascal for Windows
    for creating M-Motion applications.

    Alastair Milne,
    U. Calif. Irvine