[comp.lang.vhdl] isp to VHDL translator wanted

vahid@vlsi.ics.uci.edu (Frank Vahid) (01/25/91)

Hi.

I'm looking for a translator from ISP to VHDL.  Anybody know
where I can find one?

Thanks.

Frank (vahid@ics.uci.edu)

euayst@eua.ericsson.se (Yvan Serrat) (01/29/91)

vahid@vlsi.ics.uci.edu (Frank Vahid) writes:
>Hi.

>I'm looking for a translator from ISP to VHDL.  Anybody know
>where I can find one?

>Thanks.

>Frank (vahid@ics.uci.edu)
ZYCAD (now Synopsys) had a ISP' to VHDL translator in the release 2.0 of
the System VHDL.
It seems that Synopsys for some reasons dropped it in their 2.1 release.

Regards,

Yvan. (ivan@eua.ericsson.se)

davidb@inmet.inmet.com (01/29/91)

/* Written  7:53 pm  Jan 24, 1991 by vahid@vlsi.ics.uci.edu */

>Hi.

>I'm looking for a translator from ISP to VHDL.  Anybody know
>where I can find one?

Once upon a time, back in pre-history, Endot had a commercial product
that translated ISP' (note the prime) to VHDL.  This was before all
the various sales of Endot to various companies.  I believe (and this
is not guarenteed by any means) that the final owner of this
technology is Zycad; I have no idea if they are selling or supporting
this.

Good luck.

						Dave Barton
						barton@i2wash.com

rmr@inmet.inmet.com (01/31/91)

Perhaps if Synopsys has dropped it from the product release, they
would be willing to just put it into the public domain and
whoever needs it can get it.

Rachael Rusting
Intermetrics, Inc.
(rmr@inmet.inmet.com)

quigley@convex.com (Jeff Quigley) (01/31/91)

In <381900002@inmet> davidb@inmet.inmet.com writes:

>Once upon a time, back in pre-history, Endot had a commercial product
>that translated ISP' (note the prime) to VHDL.  This was before all
>the various sales of Endot to various companies.  I believe (and this
>is not guarenteed by any means) that the final owner of this
>technology is Zycad; I have no idea if they are selling or supporting
>this.

Endot is currently owned and supported by:

TD Technologies, Inc.
12608 Cedar Road
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
44106
(216) 371-9777

Jeff Quigley
Convex Computer Corporation				quigley@convex.com
3000 Waterview Parkway
Richardson, TX 75080					    (214) 497-4439