[comp.lang.vhdl] Request for VHDL Cookbook PostScript posting

pturner@nevin.intel.COM (Peter Turner) (04/11/91)

There was once a lot of chatter on the net about the VHDL Cookbook and its
differing versions of PostScript.  I happened to get my hands on the the
wrong version and would like to get my hands on the correct one.

Since one of the great things about PostScript is that it's a character
based print-controlling language, it's possible to e-mail it.  So, if
somebody out there would be kind enough to post the many chapters here so
that I can get them, I would owe that person my thanks.  By the way, it's
the machinery security issues here that where my problem (ftp's are difficult
to arrange), and somebody awhile back said something about the good version
of the PostScript being available from bears.ucsb.edu (something like that),
and didn't give the internet address for the machine.

In any case, thanks again,

	Peter Turner

          ii          tt         ll     |  Intel Corporation
                      tt         ll     |  Pete Turner, M/S CH3-79
          ii n nnn  tttttt       ll     |  5000 W. Chandler Bvld.
          ii nn   nn  tt    ee   ll     |  Chandler, AZ  85226
          ii nn   nn  tt  ee  ee ll     |  Voice: (602) 554-8906
          ii nn   nn   tt eeeeee ll     |  FAX:   (602) 554-3299
                          ee            |
                           eeee         |  pturner@hopi.intel.com
   "...I got one foot on a banana peel, the other in the Twilight Zone!..."
	from the song "Life Sucks Then You Die!" by New England's The Fools
          ii          tt         ll     |  Intel Corporation
                      tt         ll     |  Pete Turner, M/S CH3-79
          ii n nnn  tttttt       ll     |  5000 W. Chandler Blvd.
          ii nn   nn  tt    ee   ll     |  Chandler, AZ  85226
          ii nn   nn  tt  ee  ee ll     |  Voice: (602) 554-8906
          ii nn   nn   tt eeeeee ll     |  FAX:   (602) 554-3299
                          ee            |
                           eeee         |  pturner@hopi.intel.com
   "...I got one foot on a banana peel, the other in the Twilight Zone!..."
	from the song "Life Sucks Then You Die!" by New England's The Fools

veit@du9ds3.uni-duisburg.de (Holger Veit) (04/12/91)

In <3762@inews.intel.com> pturner@nevin.intel.COM (Peter Turner) writes:
[...]
>Since one of the great things about PostScript is that it's a character
>based print-controlling language, it's possible to e-mail it.  So, if
>somebody out there would be kind enough to post the many chapters here so
>that I can get them, I would owe that person my thanks.  By the way, it's
>the machinery security issues here that where my problem (ftp's are difficult
>to arrange), and somebody awhile back said something about the good version
>of the PostScript being available from bears.ucsb.edu (something like that),
>and didn't give the internet address for the machine.
>In any case, thanks again,
>	Peter Turner

Peter, if you use the nslookup utility, i.e. asking your nameserver, you'll
find out, that bears.ucsb.edu is (non authoritative) 128.111.56.56.

I have to warn anyone to post the Postscript source of the Cookbook. There are
mainly two reasons against it. The first thing is the copyright hold by
Peter Ashenden. This should not be a mayor problem; he may probably allow posting.
More serious is the amount of data transferred. Look at the following directory list:

total 3346
-rw-r-----  1 veit         2695 Apr 12 08:24 README
-rw-r-----  1 veit       311200 Apr 12 08:24 VHDL-Cookbook-1.ps
-rw-r-----  1 veit       415274 Apr 12 08:24 VHDL-Cookbook-2.ps
-rw-r-----  1 veit       311680 Apr 12 08:24 VHDL-Cookbook-3.ps
-rw-r-----  1 veit       385039 Apr 12 08:24 VHDL-Cookbook-4.ps
-rw-r-----  1 veit       331437 Apr 12 08:24 VHDL-Cookbook-5.ps
-rw-r-----  1 veit       300655 Apr 12 08:25 VHDL-Cookbook-6.ps
-rw-r-----  1 veit      1138138 Apr 12 08:25 VHDL-Cookbook-7.ps
-rw-r-----  1 veit       104328 Apr 12 08:25 VHDL-Cookbook-contents.ps
-rw-r-----  1 veit        31054 Apr 12 08:25 VHDL-Cookbook-cover.ps

See what I mean?

As usually seen in source groups, after a posting, there will be crying:
I have lost.. not found.. was not posted part # ??? , please repost, which
will increase the traffic again.

The above directory (except that files compressed) can be found on
du9ds3.uni-duisburg.de (134.91.4.130, if nameserver doesn't resolve) in
/pub/cad/VHDL-Cookbook via anonymous ftp.
This site is in Germany and should be mainly used outside working hours from
Europe (please use this from America only if there is no other solution).

This version is the original fileset from Peter Ashenden, unmodified. You
have to throw out at least the font loading font parts (hex sequences following
EEXEC + environment).
--
|__|  /  University of Duisburg  | BITNET: veit%du9ds3.uni-duisburg.de@UNIDO
|  | /   Fac. of Electr. Eng.    | UUCP:   ...!uunet!unido!unidui!hl351ge
|  |/    Dept. f. Dataprocessing |