From: sgrout@mcimail.com
Subject: AGenda - IEEE DASS WGIM, June 20-21, DAC'91, San Francisco

This is the tentative agenda for the upcoming IEEE DASS Working Group
on Information Modeling (WGIM) to be held June 20-21, 1991, at the
Sheraton Palace, San Francisco, in conjuction with the annual Design
Automation Conference, DAC '91.

Main items proposed to be dealt with include the following:
 o Harmonization - Process, Organization, WGIM role, Status of Models, News
 o Work on Schematic/Connectivity Harmonization

Thursday, June 20:
-------------------------

 1. This will be all-day working meeting, going over (at least) the terms
 acquired todate on a related draft STEP Schematic/Connectivity Application
 Protocol (AP), and working on Harmonizing them, developing identifying
 like concepts within them, and identifying approaches to resolving
 concepts which conflict.

Friday, June 21:
-------------------------
This will be our formal WGIM meeting to review where we are at, goings on
around us, and conduct normal WGIM business (whatever that is... :-).

 1. BUSINESS ITEMS:  Review (quickly) the following
    o The minutes and handouts from the previous meeting in Sunnyvale,
                  March 1, 1990.
                o Progress of the various EE standards groups to create
information
                        models of their respective notations/practises/guides.
                o Status of one or more Memorandum's of Understanding (MOU)
                        between the WGIM and the IPO EAC/PDES, ANSI HPS, and
possibly others.
    o Brief attendees on recent ANSI Harmonization Organization activities
                        related to the WGIM's area of interest.
    o If there are new attendees, review the proposed steps to be done in
                        order to make an overall harmonized consensus model,
currently
                        referred to as a Federated Model of EE standards
information.

 2.  Walk thru (quickly) several recently available ANSI standards models
 which are expected to be contributors to the harmonized definition.
    o EDIF
                o VHDL
                o Joint EDIF/VNS schematic model
                o ...

 3. Review work todate on a beginning harmonized consensus model of EE
schematic and connectivity.
    o This work is proposed to be done jointly with and in support of other
                  groups working in this area of EE product representation.
    o We will then continue work on this task until out of time.

Please be advised that, if possible, we may meet at times earlier during
the week during the DAC and work on harmonization on an adhoc basis.

At the same time, I must strongly urge that you take a very active part in
both the DAC, CFI Design Representation (DR) Modeling Working Group (MWG),
CFI Component Information Representation (CIR), and the other IEEE DASS
meetings Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  There is also an ANSI HPS meeting
to discuss the Business needs of Harmonization, which will be held Monday,
June 17.  They are all important activities which need your help and
expertise as well.

I and some others will be staying at the Sheraton Palace during DAC.  We
will also probably post where any activity is going on the normal DAC
bulletin boards and mail system.

Its going to be a long busy week, but with any luck at all, we will have a
good and productive WGIM meeting.  Be sure to come ready to work, both
during and outside the meeting.

Best regards and hope I see all of you there.
--Steve Grout
  NET:  sgrout@mcimail.com,  PHONE:  803-760-3363,  FAX:  803-760-3349
  MAIL: PDES, Inc. (MMC)
        5300 International Blvd, Charleston, SC 29418

--
--Steve Grout
Martin Marietta Corporation, assigned to PDES Inc (Electrical Pgm)