[comp.lang.vhdl] Looking for a good VHDL book

mehdi@venus.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Mehdi Bonyadi) (06/06/91)

We are looking for a good VHDL book that is easy to read and understand
for the beginners and it is useful enough for experienced
users.  We will also use it as a reference book.  If we have
to we will purchase two or even more books.

Many thanks in advance

   Mehdi Bonyadi, NCR E&M San Diego, M.S. 4424
   16550 West Bernardo Drive, San Diego, CA 92127 ph: (619)485-2233
   fax: (619)485-3788, mehdi@venus.SanDiego.NCR.COM

hjp@ee.umr.edu (Hardy Pottinger) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun5.223848.26579@donner.SanDiego.NCR.COM> mehdi@venus.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Mehdi Bonyadi) writes:
>We are looking for a good VHDL book that is easy to read and understand
>for the beginners and it is useful enough for experienced
>users.  We will also use it as a reference book.  If we have
>to we will purchase two or even more books.

D.L.Parry, "VHDL", McGraw Hill, 1991 isbn 0-07-049433-9
seems good.  At least we're using it this summer for a special topics
course.  Feedback from the students is good so far.
--hjp

--

-- hjp