[comp.lang.vhdl] compilers for vhdl

sridevan@s2.elec.uq.oz (Sridevan Parameswaran) (06/24/91)

If somebody out there has some sort of compiler for vhdl could you
please let me know how to get hold of it.

Thanks in advance.

Sri Parameswaran
Elec Eng
Uni of Qld

sridevan@elec.uq.oz.au

paille@ic11.EE.UManitoba.CA (Stormbringer) (07/01/91)

sridevan@s2.elec.uq.oz (Sridevan Parameswaran) writes:

>If somebody out there has some sort of compiler for vhdl could you
>please let me know how to get hold of it.

>Thanks in advance.

Well, the University of Manitoba in Canada has a VHDL compiler which produces
CIF files for use with Cadence and other tools, and will soon be producing
Xilinx Netlist Format (XNF) files for use with the Xilinx Logic Cell Arrays.
The compiler can be anonymous FTPed from:

	eeserv.ee.umanitoba.ca

A warning though: I am not sure of its capabilities with respect to the full
syntax of VHDL. You could mail oper at the above host and probably receive a
better answer, since it is he who wrote the compiler.

Hope its of some use! Take care.

--
Tony Paille       | "What better way to turn people off than to twist ideas
paille@eeserv     |   for change into one more church that forgets we're