[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Amiga display modes.

a143@mindlink.UUCP (Ed Meyer) (01/13/91)

> jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1419@tardis.Tymnet.COM>
>
> Org.  : BT Tymnet, San Jose, CA
> Person: Joe Smith
>
> Question: What display modes does the Amiga have?
> Answer: Lots.
>
> Mode                      NTSC      PAL   ECS Hfreq Colors Palette
> --------------------    -------- -------- --- ----- ------ -------
> Lores                    320x200  320x256 no  15KHz    32  4096
> Lores-ExtraHalfBrite     320x200  320x256 no* 15KHz    64  4096
>  [ ... ]
> --
> Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or
> jms@gemini.tymnet.com
> BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms
> PO Box 49019, MS-C51    | BIX: smithjoe | CA license plate: "POPJ P,"
> (PDP-10)
> San Jose, CA 95161-9019 | humorous dislaimer: "My Amiga 3000 speaks for me."

Joe, your posting is very timely for me: I was asked at work, where there are
all sorts of IBM-clones, what advantages the Amiga had over
IBM clones.  Well, I've worked with and instruct nightschool courses on IBM
clones and Amigas, so I had some comparisons readily available.  But
when the discussion came to video display modes, I had nowhere near the detail
that I would have liked in order to be factual.  Well, your info is
appreciated.  Thanks.
        Ed Meyer