[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] The Art Dept

zerkle@iris.ucdavis.edu (Dan Zerkle) (01/12/91)

In article <26267@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:
>In article <1991Jan11.060716.22094@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu (Robert Lindsay) writes:
...deleted...
>>On a side but similar not how do I get a 1950 to open a PAL screen so that
>>those PD euripean games like running and tobiastrek will work corectly
>
>Open up yer 3000.  Look near the Amber.  See that jumper marked
>PAL/NTSC?  :)

No, no, no, no, NO!

This can be done entirely in software on the 3000.  There is a drawer
named "monitors" in your system2.0 partition.  If you have a 1950, you
should put three configuration files in there, namely:  NTSC, Pal, and
Multscan.  You will find these files in another drawer, marked
"MonitorStore".  Just move them over.  Now, reboot.  Activate the
preferences program called "ScreenMode".  You should find four PAL
selections there.  Just select one and go!  There's lots of other
nifty stuff in the preferences, too.

           Dan Zerkle  zerkle@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu  (916) 754-0240
           Amiga...  Because life is too short for boring computers.

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (01/13/91)

In article <8156@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> zerkle@iris.ucdavis.edu (Dan Zerkle) writes:
>No, no, no, no, NO!
>
>This can be done entirely in software on the 3000.  There is a drawer

No no no no no!  :)

Not if you are booting a Non-Dos game!  :)  Or does the 3000
software PAL toggle survive a warm boot?

--
John  M.  Adams   --**--   Professional Student on the seven-year plan!     ///
Internet:   jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu    ///