[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Just thoughts, no problems, about pbmplus...

wally@pallas.athenanet.com (Wally Hartshorn) (01/12/91)

In article <4206@uniol.UUCP> Frank.Neumann@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Frank Neumann) writes:
>question is - if I happen to render some pictures with very FEW colors,
>but I _NEED_ to convert them to HAM and _NOT_ Lo-Res - how can I force
>ppmtoilbm to create a HAM file instead of simple, 5-(or less)-plane Lo-Res ?

This won't exactly solve your problem, since what you asked was how to
get ppmtoilbm to save the picture in HAM, but if you can use some other
program, you might consider Butcher.  It will convert an IFF picture into
HAM format, or vice-versa (HAM -> 5-bit).  It does all kinds of other
conversions and manipulations, of course (eg. 32-color -> 2-color, flipping,
edge finding, color to B&W, etc).  The downside is that it is a commercial
program, but it is quite inexpensive (assuming that they still make it; I
haven't seen any ads for a LONG time).
--
Wally (uunet!pallas!wally or wally@athenanet.com)

"Signature needed.  Apply within."

swann@acsu.buffalo.edu (stephen swann) (01/14/91)

In article <507@pallas.athenanet.com> wally@pallas.UUCP (Wally Hartshorn) writes:
>program, you might consider Butcher.  It will convert an IFF picture into
>edge finding, color to B&W, etc).  The downside is that it is a commercial
>program, but it is quite inexpensive (assuming that they still make it; I
>haven't seen any ads for a LONG time).

I just saw it on the shelves a couple days ago, so I guess it still
exists.  :-)

--
Steve Swann                    *     "Speak to me in many voices; make
swann@acsu.buffalo.edu         *         them all sound like one... "