[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Looking for color TIFF images

TEETER@ADMIN.HumberC.ON.CA (Doug Teeter) (01/23/91)

In <1991Jan23.023654.1153@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au> dweaver@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au
  (Justin Deeley) writes:

|In <9101211817.AA03845@lilac.berkeley.edu> TEETER@ADMIN.HumberC.ON.CA (Doug
| Teeter) writes:
|

|>I am looking for some color TIFF images.  I would be very grateful if someone
|>could tell me where I might find some or better yet, email me a few uuencoded
|>samples.
|
|>Thanks.
|
|Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, TIFF images are Black & white
| only.  Not only that, but it is an IBM format and converts to the amiga with

Correction:  TIFF (5.0) supports black & white, greyscale, palette colour
and RGB color images.  TIFF is not an IBM format.

| some difficulty.  As I am constantly working with TIFF images produced with a
| scanner, I think you'll probably find that I'm right on this one (for once).
| If you did mean TIFF then there is a small PD utilitity called TIFF2IFF for
| converting the TIFF files to an IFF format.

 As the author of TIFF2IFF, I'm quite aware of the program (how soon they
  forget :-).

 I'm looking for color TIFF images so I can add support for them in the
 program.

 So, all the people out there that were unhappy that the program did not
 support color, come forward and send me some samples. Please!

|Justin

Doug Teeter

ottmar@ajberl.UUCP (Ottmar Roehrig) (01/24/91)

>In article <1991Jan23.023654.1153@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au> dweaver@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Justin Deeley) writes:
>In <9101211817.AA03845@lilac.berkeley.edu> TEETER@ADMIN.HumberC.ON.CA (Doug Teeter) writes:
>
>>I am looking for some color TIFF images.  I would be very grateful if someone
>>could tell me where I might find some or better yet, email me a few uuencoded
>>samples.
>
>>Thanks.
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, TIFF images are Black & white only.  Not only that, but it is an IBM format and converts to the amiga with some difficulty.  As I am constantly working with TIFF images produced with a scanner, I think you'll probably find that I'm right on this one (for once).  If you did mean TIFF then there is a small PD utilitity called TIFF2IFF for converting the TIFF files to an IFF format.
>
>Justin

Herewith I'm correcting you: No, they're upto 32-Bit also (24 bit color +
8 bit mask)

Ottmar
=
AtelierRoehrig, Ottmar Roehrig, Hamburg, Germany
  UUCP: ...!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!ajberl!ottmar

  "42" (Deep Thought, some million years ago)