[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Where to find data files for WorldDataBank?

21329JM@MSU.BITNET (01/15/91)

I'm looking for the *large* data files for WorldDataBank, from Fred Fish #262.
The authors ( Mike Groshart and Bob Dufford ) reported that WDB.2.all and
WDB.1.all were too big to be included in the original distribution.  Could
someone tell me an ftp site/directory that would have them, or the authors
e-mail address?  Respond by e-mail, unless you feel that there is an overwhel-
ming desire to know this on the net.

Thanks much.

-jp

witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu (David Witzany) (01/15/91)

<21329JM@MSU.BITNET> writes:

>I'm looking for the *large* data files for WorldDataBank, from Fred Fish #262.
....stuff deleted...

>e-mail address?  Respond by e-mail, unless you feel that there is an overwhel-
>ming desire to know this on the net.

>Thanks much.

>-jp

     I'd like to know where the data is, also; since we probably aren't the onlytwo people interested, could you please reply in this notesfile?
     Thanks!

--

     Dave Witzany (witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu)

myb100@csc.anu.edu.au (01/16/91)

[attribution lost - sorry!]

>>I'm looking for the *large* data files for WorldDataBank, from Fred Fish #262.
> ....stuff deleted...
>>Thanks much.
>>-jp

>      I'd like to know where the data is, also; since we probably aren't the
>  onlytwo people interested, could you please reply in this notesfile?
>      Dave Witzany (witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu)

Good news and bad news: The files wdb.1 and wdb.2 (I think they're the ones,
they might be .4 and .5) are available for ftp from ab20 (128.155.23.64)
in amiga/graphics/images (or thereabouts)

Unfortunately, the .lzh file is corrupted.... badly.....I got the file
over here, unlharced it and *bleah*. I then tried 'quote stat' (or is
it 'xcat') to look at it in situ @ab20 and it gave me identical garbage.

So a plea: Could the person who put it up there please try again ?

And to Tad Guy @ab20 : I sent a mail message to ftp@ab20 suggesting that you
could delete it - but no response/action. Did you ever get it ? Anyway,
as you're gonna do some mighty cleaning there - this file can be turfed out.

Cheers

 Markus Buchhorn                                           ///  | This space
 Mt Stromlo and Siding Spring Observatories, Canberra     ///   |
 PMB Weston Ck. P.O. A.C.T. 2611, Australia           \\\///    | intentionally
 markus@mso.anu.oz.au  -or-  nssdca::psi%mssso::markus \XX/     | left blank

rosner@europa.asd.contel.com (John J. Rosner) (01/16/91)

>I'm looking for the *large* data files for WorldDataBank, from Fred Fish #262.
>The authors ( Mike Groshart and Bob Dufford ) reported that WDB.2.all and
>WDB.1.all were too big to be included in the original distribution.  Could
>someone tell me an ftp site/directory that would have them, or the authors
>e-mail address?  Respond by e-mail, unless you feel that there is an overwhel-
>ming desire to know this on the net.

I would also like to know the answer to this, thanks
--
John J Rosner

taab5@ccvax.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) (01/16/91)

In article <1991Jan15.143825.3169@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu (David Witzany) writes:
> <21329JM@MSU.BITNET> writes:
>
>>I'm looking for the *large* data files for WorldDataBank, from Fred Fish #262.
> ....stuff deleted...
>
>>e-mail address?  Respond by e-mail, unless you feel that there is an overwhel-
>>ming desire to know this on the net.
>
>>Thanks much.
>
>>-jp
>
>      I'd like to know where the data is, also; since we probably aren't the onlytwo people interested, could you please reply in this notesfile?
>      Thanks!

   The files are on the FTP site AB20.LARC.NASA.GOV, in the directory
/incoming/amiga.  The file is 'wdb.arc'.

                                   -MB-

> --
>
>      Dave Witzany (witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu)

jim@syteke.be (Jim Sanchez) (01/16/91)

I have seen this question asked SEVERAL times before.  If anyone
has an answer PLEASE POST IT!
--
Jim Sanchez          | jim@syteke.be (PREFERRED)
Hughes LAN Systems   | OR uunet!mcsun!ub4b!syteke!jim

hamish@waikato.ac.nz (01/18/91)

In article <1991Jan16.012531.1@ccvax.iastate.edu>, taab5@ccvax.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) writes:
> In article <1991Jan15.143825.3169@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu (David Witzany) writes:
>> <21329JM@MSU.BITNET> writes:
>>
>>>I'm looking for the *large* data files for WorldDataBank, from Fred Fish #262.
>> ....stuff deleted...
>    The files are on the FTP site AB20.LARC.NASA.GOV, in the directory
> /incoming/amiga.  The file is 'wdb.arc'.

 They've been moved. I downloaded them from ab20.larc.nasa.gov (128.155.23.64)
and they were in /amigs/graphics/utilities/wdb-data.lzh The file seems to be
OK, I only unpacked the first one, and it was OK, so go for it...

|  Hamish Marson   <hamish@waikato.ac.nz>                                    |
|  Computer Support Person,  Computer Science Department                     |
|  University of Waikato                                                     |
|Disclaimer:  Anything said in this message is the personal opinion of the   |
|             finger hitting the keyboard & doesn't represent my employers   |
|             opinion in any way. (ie we probably don't agree)               |

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (01/24/91)

In article <1991Jan18.112836.2726@waikato.ac.nz>, hamish@waikato.ac.nz writes:
> In article <1991Jan16.012531.1@ccvax.iastate.edu>, taab5@ccvax.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) writes:

> >> ....stuff deleted...
> >    The files are on the FTP site AB20.LARC.NASA.GOV, in the directory
> > /incoming/amiga.  The file is 'wdb.arc'.
> >

>  They've been moved. I downloaded them from ab20.larc.nasa.gov (128.155.23.64)
> and they were in /amigs/graphics/utilities/wdb-data.lzh The file seems to be
> OK, I only unpacked the first one, and it was OK, so go for it...

There is no "/amiga/graphics/utilities" directory. I found the file in
"/amiga/graphics/images" but as was reported earlier (I think), the second
file 'wdb.2.all' is corrupt. Anyone know where this can be found?

---Mike

Why does Vanilla Ice come across looking like Pat Boone doing rap?

--
 --------       o       A herd of bagels      | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
 --------      o o      all the wrong places  | CIS: 73777,360