[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] PD Postscript Interpreter

algebras@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (murray bent) (01/30/91)

Does anyone know of a PostScript interpreter for Amiga Intuition interface.
Ghostscript from GNU is available for X interface. thanx

ayr@deneb.hut.fi (Ari Yrj|l{) (01/31/91)

In article <1991Jan30.062323.12449@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au> algebras@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (murray bent) writes:

>Does anyone know of a PostScript interpreter for Amiga Intuition interface.
>Ghostscript from GNU is available for X interface. thanx

There's a program called Post in Fish #408. Here's a description from Fishlist:

Post            An excellent PostScript interpreter for the Amiga which
                supports the full Adobe language and type 1 PostScript
                fonts.  Includes Charter font in Roman, Italic, Bold, and
                Bold-Italic, and Courier font in Roman, Roman-Oblique,
                Bold, and Bold-Oblique.  Requires Arp library V39+ and
                ConMan V1.3+.  Version 1.3, includes source in C.
                Author:  Adrian Aylward

I've tried it and it works quite well; it even has interactive mode where
you can type Postscript code and see the results :-)

--
Ari  Yrj|l{       Internet:  ayrjola@hut.fi          /
JMT 3B 231b       BITNET :   LK-AY AT FINHUT        /  Heaven

whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu (Alan Whinery) (01/31/91)

In article <1991Jan30.062323.12449@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au> algebras@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (murray bent) writes:
>Does anyone know of a PostScript interpreter for Amiga Intuition interface.
>Ghostscript from GNU is available for X interface. thanx

There's something on one of the high Fish Disks, above 400.
Where can I find Ghostscript?
Alan
whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu