[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] microview ?

nwickham@triton.unm.edu (Neal C. Wickham) (02/06/91)

Has anyone ever run a PD program called microview?  I've down loaded it
from two seperate sources now and still have the same problem with it.

It dosn't display a molecule like it is supposed to.  Instead, it displays
some random garbage as if the graphics were in a wrong format or something.

Does anyone know what this problem is?  I have plenty of ram.  Has anyone
else run microview with success?  It seems like such a neat program.

                                         Thanks,

                                           NCW

--

Thanks,
Steve.                    sfreed@ariel.unm.edu

aoe@hpfcso.HP.COM (Alexander Elkins) (02/09/91)

> nwickham@triton.unm.edu (Neal C. Wickham) writes:
> Has anyone ever run a PD program called microview?  I've down loaded it
>from two seperate sources now and still have the same problem with it.

Well I just tried running MicroView again on my A3000, and it just seemed to
hang there.  I pushed the escape key and it exited.  Hmm ... so I tried
diassembly ... gee only 620 bytes of code ... I used to have only 1Meg chip
and 1Meg fast ... an A500 doesn't have fast mem ... ahha! ... try NoFastMem
... success! ... MicroView works like a charm! ... I'd heard of programs
which need to be loaded into chip ram!  Anyway, try running NoFastMem and
I suspect MicroView will work for you.

 - Alexander Elkins (aoe@hpfiaoe.fc.hp.com)

metahawk@itsgw.rpi.edu (Wayne G Rigby) (02/10/91)

In article <yorkw.666126875@stable.ecn.purdue.edu> yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) writes:
>aoe@hpfcso.HP.COM (Alexander Elkins) writes:
>>> nwickham@triton.unm.edu (Neal C. Wickham) writes:
>>> Has anyone ever run a PD program called microview?  I've down loaded it
>>>from two seperate sources now and still have the same problem with it.
>
>What's this Program Do anyway? (ANything Usefull or just a "show -off")
>
>Don't like any-non-chip ram.... Must be a "Show-Off" Program..
>

>--
>yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York says:
> IF ya meat an Amiga Owner that says: "I got my amiga Just to play games...:
>there's only one thing to do...
>Give him a Boot to the head... Then repeat .... Then repeat...

Yes, it's basically a show-off program.  It shows molecules in 3-D and
allows the user to rotate them in any direction wished.  Interesting to
play with for awhile.

                                           -Metahawk
                                            metahawk@rpi.edu