[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] HPGL=>Postscript

Graham_Parkinson@mindlink.UUCP (Graham Parkinson) (02/08/91)

There is a PD IBM program which does HPGL to Postscript.
Has any one seen any evidence of a port to the Amiga?
The PLT: HPGL is an excellent piece of programming but
it suffers from having to convert everything to a bitmap
in the computer and then slowly transfer this to the
printer.  There are some commercial products (Laser-up!
plot etc.) which advertise doing this for specific programs
Aegeis Draw, but it is not clear if they handle a general
HPGL file well.
  Any experience out there with HPGL to Postscript?
*  Graham Parkinson - Frontier GeoSciences, Vancouver BC CANADA  *
*  uunet Graham_Parkinson@Mindlink.UUCP                          *

BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz (02/15/91)

In article <4735@mindlink.UUCP>, Graham_Parkinson@mindlink.UUCP (Graham Parkinson) writes:
> There is a PD IBM program which does HPGL to Postscript.
> Has any one seen any evidence of a port to the Amiga?
> The PLT: HPGL is an excellent piece of programming but
> it suffers from having to convert everything to a bitmap
> in the computer and then slowly transfer this to the
> printer.  There are some commercial products (Laser-up!
> plot etc.) which advertise doing this for specific programs
> Aegeis Draw, but it is not clear if they handle a general
> HPGL file well.
>   Any experience out there with HPGL to Postscript?
> --
> *  Graham Parkinson - Frontier GeoSciences, Vancouver BC CANADA  *
> *  uunet Graham_Parkinson@Mindlink.UUCP                          *

I ported it and include it in the Multiplot package. The Amiga port
is significantly better than the IBM version because it handles the
page rotation commands.

Available on c.b.a or by ftp from somewhere as XLNd<beta>, and the final
release will be available soon.

Regards Alan

(includes source)