[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] IFF pics and stuff

sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sun Kun Kim) (02/14/91)

This was probably discussed but where is a good source for IFF pics??
That is, FTP sites.  I've checked out the NEW XANTH but I want more.  I
don't want any HAM stuff but just normal 16/32/64 colors on a
low/med/hi-res modes.  If you have sources, please let me know by e-mail.

Also, does anyone know if those ANIMS(ie Donald Duck smashing the
computer, etc) that come with the Animation Studio from Disney is
available anywhere?  I don't know if it is PD or if you need the program
to run it or not but if it IS PD and if you DON'T need Animation Studio
to run it, I would really appreciate someone uploading it to one of the
FTP sites.

Thanks in advance.

                                     Sun...

| Carnegie Mellon University                           Sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu |
|                                                                           |
| Disclaimer: Anything I say can and will be used against you.   :-)   :-)  |
(.sig file version 2.4)

ACPS1072@RYERSON <ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> (02/14/91)

RE:  Disney's Donald Duck Animation

  The above is a animation in Disney's own CFAST format.  The way it's set
up (or at least after messing around with it a bit) it can be loaded
into the D.A.S. (disney Animation Studio) program but can't be saved.
Kind o bizzare.  The player to show the animation is called FLICK
and I have no idea if that's PD or not.
  I have found out that this FLICK program, DAS, and showanim seem to
fail under 2.0.  Could anyone tell me WHY?!?!?
(ie.  screen goes black until user stops the program)

Derek Lang<<<<<    |
ACPS1072@RYERSON   |  "AHH HAH HA HA HA HA!!!!" - makes you wonder.
Toronto, ON        |

slv0y@cc.usu.edu (02/16/91)

In article <UbiPnHC00VpLMS6Fw1@andrew.cmu.edu>, sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sun Kun Kim) writes:
> Also, does anyone know if those ANIMS(ie Donald Duck smashing the
> computer, etc) that come with the Animation Studio from Disney is
> available anywhere?  I don't know if it is PD or if you need the program
> to run it or not but if it IS PD and if you DON'T need Animation Studio
> to run it, I would really appreciate someone uploading it to one of the
> FTP sites.

The sample Disney animations are definitely _not_ PD.  The manual(s) that
came with my Animation Studio software tried to make this very clear...

>                                      Sun...

> | Carnegie Mellon University                           Sk2x+@andrew.cmu.edu |
> | Disclaimer: Anything I say can and will be used against you.   :-)   :-)  |

Jeffrey Barlow
slv0y@cc.usu.edu