[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Digi-View and Video

hyy94@campus.swarthmore.edu (02/12/91)

Recently, I've been interested in setting up a digitizing system with a
Digi-View and a VCR or other video source.  The VCR has an excellent pause,
but I was wondering what the results would be like digitizing from a video
source like that.  Is there any distortion or bad output I should know
about?  Would a color splitter compound any problems?  Just how good is the
output anyway?

Thanks in advance.

ACPS1072@RYERSON <ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> (02/13/91)

The color splitter allows for digitizing pictures in color.  One of the
problems I find is that my VCR cannot stayed paused for a long period of
time.  This means that I have to use fast scans in lower resolutions if
I want color.  Otherwise Black and white is the way to go (where a color
splitter is not needed) or maybe I'll go buy a LaserDisc player.

Derek Lang<<<<<
"Macintosh  The power to be your best" - Apple
"They've got to be addressing people with high budgets or low imaginations."
                                       - me

etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se (Tommy Petersson) (02/16/91)

In article <DAZXSCV@cs.swarthmore.edu> hyy94@campus.swarthmore.edu writes:
>Recently, I've been interested in setting up a digitizing system with a
>Digi-View and a VCR or other video source.  The VCR has an excellent pause,
>but I was wondering what the results would be like digitizing from a video
>source like that.  Is there any distortion or bad output I should know
>about?  Would a color splitter compound any problems?  Just how good is the
>output anyway?
>
>Thanks in advance.

I've tried videos with "excellent pause", and they weren't good enough
if they weren't digital freeze-frame. The digitized picture gets very
fuzzy.

The resolution gets not at all as good as with a good B/W camera.