[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] pbmplus

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) (02/12/91)

How can I get pbmplus on a 880k floppy disk.?

eMail set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu

steve t

raible@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bob Raible - LSI Design) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb11.170323.15080@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) writes:
>How can I get pbmplus on a 880k floppy disk.?
>
>eMail set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu
>
>steve t

 You can't! Last time I checked it was on three floppies! If I'm reading
your posting too literally, then I can't help you. I don't know an
archive source.

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) (02/13/91)

In article <18878@cbmvax.commodore.com> raible@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bob Raible - LSI Design) writes:
>In article <1991Feb11.170323.15080@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) writes:
>>How can I get pbmplus on a 880k floppy disk.?
>>
>>eMail set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu
>>
>>steve t
>
> You can't! Last time I checked it was on three floppies! If I'm reading
>your posting too literally, then I can't help you. I don't know an
>archive source.

Yah, the archive is ~900K, according to FILES.Z on xanth...

Date        Size    Pathname
20-Jun-90   963642  amiga/graphics/conv/pbmplus.lzh

So now you know where it can be found, too.  For completeness,
xanth is 128.155.23.64 ab20.larc.nasa.gov

--
Dave Schaumann      | DANGER: Access holes may tear easily.  Use of the access
dave@cs.arizona.edu | carton and subsequent injury to the user.

cseaman@sequent.UUCP (Chris "The Bartman" Seaman) (02/14/91)

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) writes:
> raible@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bob Raible - LSI Design) writes:
> >set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) writes:
> >>How can I get pbmplus on a 880k floppy disk.?
> >
> > You can't! Last time I checked it was on three floppies! If I'm reading
> >your posting too literally, then I can't help you. I don't know an
> >archive source.
>
> Yah, the archive is ~900K, according to FILES.Z on xanth...

As I mentioned to the original poster in email, you can fit MOST of the
pbmplus tools (no documentation files) on a single floppy by running them
through powerpacker (set to compression to level 4), and then removing
those tools you are not likely to need (and probably a couple that you
ARE likely to need).  By doing this, I was able to reduce the size
of the tools so they will JUST fit on a single diskette.

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris (Insert phrase here) Seaman |    ___-/^\-___          qatul batlh.
cseaman@gateway.sequent.com <or>  |  //__--\O/--__\\        qatul Huch.

bdraschk@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Bernd Raschke) (02/18/91)

raible@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bob Raible - LSI Design) writes:

>In article <1991Feb11.170323.15080@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) writes:
>>How can I get pbmplus on a 880k floppy disk.?
you can't

>>eMail set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu
>>
>>steve t

> You can't! Last time I checked it was on three floppies! If I'm reading
>your posting too literally, then I can't help you. I don't know an
>archive source.
Why is it _so_ complicated? Get a lharc for unix, expand pbmplus.lzh in
your /tmp (if your quota would exceed) and make two or three smaller
parts: ppm.lzh, pbmdoc.lzh, pnm.lzh pbm.lzh were the ones I created :)
problem => (some thinking) => (some work) => problem solved
---
Bernd 'The Real Arthur!' Raschke           | Only    //
bdraschk@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de |     \\ // Amiga
     [ place bandwidth-waste here ]        |      \X/ makes it possible
                                     (...)