[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Okay, you Amiga Types, its time to bash your

rumford@afitamy.fidonet.org (Don Rumford) (02/17/91)

> Damn, I'm still waiting for a version of Deluxe Paint that
> works with HAM!

> I mean, Deluxe Paint III workns on an A3000, has animation
> and colour
> cycling, tools for perspective, 64 colour modes but still
> doesn't
> support HAM!

> Aargh!

       ....well seeing how Dan Silva is now working for Autodesk you may have a better chance of getting animation in AutoCad than getting HAM in DPIII.

    ...BTW does anyone know if Photon will have an upgrade for the A3000, that was my favorite HAM paint pgm and although DigiPaint III runs on my system I don't like it as well.

                                                         -Don-

AFIT Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway |Don Rumford - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
    1:110/300 Dayton, Ohio     |UUCP: afitamy!rumford
        (513)-252-7681         |ARPA: rumford@afitamy.fidonet.org
Don R. Rumford       postmaster(afitamy.uucp)    sysop AFITAUG BBS 1:110/300

aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sriram Ramkrishna) (02/18/91)

In article <395.27BE2EC7@afitamy.fidonet.org> rumford@afitamy.fidonet.org (Don Rumford) writes:
>       ....well seeing how Dan Silva is now working for Autodesk you may have a better chance of getting animation in AutoCad than getting HAM in DPIII.

Does this mean that there will be a version of Autocad for the Amiga?? :)

	Sri

tbissett@nstar.rn.com (Travis Bissett) (02/18/91)

aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sriram Ramkrishna) writes:

> In article <395.27BE2EC7@afitamy.fidonet.org> rumford@afitamy.fidonet.org (Do
> Does this mean that there will be a version of Autocad for the Amiga?? :)
>
> 	Sri

Actually, I expect there WILL be a version of AutoCAD that will run directly
on an Amiga -- but it won't likely be running under AmigaOS and it won't be
the result of a specific decision of Autodesk to support Amiga. My guess is
that Autodesk will announce ports of AutoCAD to Unix sVr4 on a variety of
ABI platforms -- with the 386 series first, followed by 68K and SPARC ports
later in the year. If I make it to the National Design Show, I'll stop at
the Autodesk booth and ask them aobut it.

--
Travis Bissett             NSTAR conferencing site 219-289-0287
internet: tbissett@nstar.rn.com       1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (02/18/91)

In article <6122@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sriram Ramkrishna) writes:
>In article <395.27BE2EC7@afitamy.fidonet.org> rumford@afitamy.fidonet.org (Don Rumford) writes:
>>       ....well seeing how Dan Silva is now working for Autodesk you may have a better chance of getting animation in AutoCad than getting HAM in DPIII.
>
>Does this mean that there will be a version of Autocad for the Amiga?? :)

No, it means AutoCad will be plagued by a piss-poor file requester and horrible
drawing algorithms.   ;-)

>	Sri

Dave Hopper      |      /// The Amiga:      | The great strength of the total-
                 | __  ///                  | itarian state is that it forces
bard@jessica.    | \\\/// The Cybernetic    | those who fear it to imitate it.
   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Revolution is NOW! |               --Adolph Hitler

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) (02/18/91)

>In article <395.27BE2EC7@afitamy.fidonet.org> rumford@afitamy.fidonet.org (Don Rumford) writes:
>

>> Damn, I'm still waiting for a version of Deluxe Paint that
>> works with HAM!
>
>> I mean, Deluxe Paint III workns on an A3000, has animation
>> and colour
>> cycling, tools for perspective, 64 colour modes but still
>> doesn't
>> support HAM!
>
>> Aargh!

I suggest trying Deluxe Photolab. It supports hires, lores, ham, and
halfbrite. It doesn't do animation and such, but I find it to be a versatile
tool for 2-d graphics. It does everything I've needed it to do.

--
ben@epmooch.UUCP            ben%servalan.UUCP@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
{chinet,uokmax}!servalan!epmooch!ben  (Ben Mesander)   War in gulf:

farren@sat.com (Michael J. Farren) (02/19/91)

rumford@afitamy.fidonet.org (Don Rumford) writes:
>       ....well seeing how Dan Silva is now working for Autodesk you may
>have a better chance of getting animation in AutoCad than getting HAM in DPIII.

In fact, Autodesk does have an animation program...