[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] MakeAnim

watters@skink.cis.ohio-state.edu (david r watters) (01/30/91)

Does anyone know where I can find "MakeAnim"?

I used this tool for school a while ago because sculpt 4D was so buggy that
sometimes it wouldn't compress perfectly good images.  What it did was to
create an Anim5 animation from a series of pictures.  There was also a
commercial product that did something like this and maybe you could remind
me what that was.

I am creating 764x480 animations in Imagine that are 24bit deep and I am
going to play those on a DCTV.  The catch is that DpaintIII (junk)* doesn't
like to animate overscan images. I would like these in anim5 format for
future use in other packages and hate to resort to simply using Imagine's
format.

Any info or ftp location of makeanim would be great.

* Although Dpaint has every feature you could every want and has helped sell
amigas, it is very buggy and still has some of the worst requesters and
is not very forgiving.

David

--
"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars.
 All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars!" - RUSH

rumford@afitamy.fidonet.org (Don Rumford) (02/23/91)

Dave,
       The makeanim program I am aware of comes with the Director Tool Kit and
is part of a commercial package.  It does work well with overscan though as
does the latest version(A3000 compatible) of DPaint III.  In fact the latest
version of DPIII also supports PAL......just in case you will be exporting!

                                                                -Don-

AFIT Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway |Don Rumford - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
    1:110/300 Dayton, Ohio     |UUCP: afitamy!rumford
        (513)-252-7681         |ARPA: rumford@afitamy.fidonet.org
Don R. Rumford       postmaster(afitamy.uucp)    sysop AFITAUG BBS 1:110/300

whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu (Alan Whinery) (02/26/91)

In article <400.27C60C85@afitamy.fidonet.org> rumford@afitamy.fidonet.org (Don Rumford) writes:
>Dave,
>       The makeanim program I am aware of comes with the Director Tool Kit and
>is part of a commercial package.

>Don R. Rumford       postmaster(afitamy.uucp)    sysop AFITAUG BBS 1:110/300

There is a publicly distributable version. It was handed out on an AX/AMiga
Animation MAgazine special disk about a year ago. Let me read the
distribution agreement -- maybe I can make it available...
Alan

--
Regards,
Alan Whinery