[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] GIFmachine Broken?

slassini@convex.cl.msu.edu (lassini stefano) (02/26/91)

hamilton@intersil.uucp writes:

>Has anyone else had a problem with the last two versions of GIFmachine
>posted to the sources newsgroup?  Everytime I try to use it it tells me that
>the GIF file I want to convert "is not a GIF file".  Any ideas?
>--
>Fred Hamilton                  Any views, comments, or ideas expressed here
>Harris Semiconductor           are entirely my own.  Even good ones.
>Santa Clara, CA

I'm having the same problem... Here I'm running on an A3000 25/100 4meg
fast ram 2 meg chip ram.

Stefano Lassini
slassini@convex.cl.msu.edu

skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) (02/26/91)

In article <1991Feb25.165623.5273@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> slassini@convex.cl.msu.edu (lassini stefano) writes:
>hamilton@intersil.uucp writes:
>

>>Has anyone else had a problem with the last two versions of GIFmachine
>>posted to the sources newsgroup?  Everytime I try to use it it tells me that
>>the GIF file I want to convert "is not a GIF file".  Any ideas?
>>--
>>Fred Hamilton                  Any views, comments, or ideas expressed here
>>Harris Semiconductor           are entirely my own.  Even good ones.
>>Santa Clara, CA
>
>I'm having the same problem... Here I'm running on an A3000 25/100 4meg
>fast ram 2 meg chip ram.

     The only time I got that error, I corrected it by adding a .gif extension
to the file (the file previously did not have one), maybe that's the prob.
				--George