[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Sun

cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu (Christopher Walton) (02/15/91)

Does anyone know of a program that will convert iffs or gifs to bitmaps that
are usable on the Sun Sparcstation?  ANY help is appreciated...

Christopher Walton
cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu

tbissett@nstar.rn.com (Travis Bissett) (02/16/91)

cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu (Christopher Walton) writes:

> Does anyone know of a program that will convert iffs or gifs to bitmaps that
> are usable on the Sun Sparcstation?  ANY help is appreciated...
>
> Christopher Walton
> cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu

On some Fred Fish disks there were programs with source for both Sun and
Amiga to convert IFF (and some HAM) to Sun's Raster format. I
've done it on a Sun 3/60 and discovered that the rasters displayed fine on
a SPARC. See the screenload utility. Sorry, don't recall which Fish they
were but the programs were IFF2Sun and IFFTOSUN. I would be surprised if
they don't compile OK on a SPARC.

--
internet: tbissett@nstar.rn.com -or- tbissett%nstar@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
uucp:     ..!uunet!nstar.rn.com!tbissett -or- ..!uunet!nstar!tbissett

mark@calvin..westford.ccur.com (Mark Thompson) (02/28/91)

>>>Does anyone know of a program that will convert iffs or gifs to bitmaps that
>>>are usable on the Sun Sparcstation?

>>On some Fred Fish disks there were programs with source for both Sun and
>>Amiga to convert IFF (and some HAM) to Sun's Raster format.
>Fish disk # 223
>
>Iff2Sun     A small utility for those of you who may have access to a
>	    Sun workstation.  Takes an Amiga IFF file and converts it to
>	    a Sun rasterfile format.  This version is an update to the
>	    version released on disk 174, with better parsing, support
>	    for HAM mode, and some bug fixes.  Source only, as the
>	    program needs to be re-compiled and run from a Sun.
>	    Authors:  Steve Berry, Mark Thompson

Oooh, I don't know if I would use that program if I were you. The people
who wrote it were COMPLETE BOZOs and had absolutely NO clue of what they
doing. In fact I heard that during the conversion, the program inserts
obscene subliminal images into your Sun rasterfile. No sir, I wouldn't
trust those guys at all!
%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%
%       `       '                Mark Thompson                          %
%  --==* RADIANT *==--           mark@westford.ccur.com                 %
%       ' Image `                ...!{decvax,uunet}!masscomp!mark       %
%      Productions               (508)392-2480  (603)424-1829           %
%                                                                       %

music@batman.moravian.EDU (The Phoenix) (03/13/91)

In article <erk.1376@americ.UUCP>, erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) writes:
> >In article <Zi8eX3w161w@nstar.rn.com> tbissett@nstar.rn.com (Travis Bissett) writes:
> >cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu (Christopher Walton) writes:
> >
> >> Does anyone know of a program that will convert iffs or gifs to bitmaps that
> >> are usable on the Sun Sparcstation?	ANY help is appreciated...
> >>
> >> Christopher Walton
> >> cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu

You might consider the powerful pbmplus graphics utility. It offers
conversions between virtually any and all graphic formats on any
computer. PD.