[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] Anim player for Donna.movie needed

cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) (03/31/91)

	After downloading donna.movie from ab20 I found that none of my
ANIM players would play it! Only one got close which displayed the first
frame then went back to the SHELL and gave "error value in delta file"
error!?! Which movie player is the correct one for this ANIM? How can
you tell which one to use?

matt.

ACPS1072@RYERSON <ACPS1072@Ryerson.CA> (04/02/91)

>         After downloading donna.movie from ab20 I found that none of my
> ANIM players would play it! Only one got close which displayed the first
> frame then went back to the SHELL and gave "error value in delta file"
> error!?! Which movie player is the correct one for this ANIM? How can
> you tell which one to use?

  Seems like you need a newer version of MOVIE.  (An animation player
that is made by those people at Byte by Byte - SCULPT)

Derek Lang<<<<<    |
ACPS1072@Ryerson   |    "Get this clown trained.  I want him in the games
Toronto, ON        |     until he dies playing.  Acknowledge."
Canada             |                             - Master Control Program

kholland@hydra.unm.edu (Kiernan Holland) (04/02/91)

You probably need the Director Movie player or Gold Disk's
Animation player.

 Later

P.S - I know what you are looking at, Nudge Nudge, say no more, say no more.
Hubba Hubba.

kdarling@hobbes.ncsu.edu (Kevin Darling) (04/02/91)

>>         After downloading donna.movie from ab20 I found that none of my
>> ANIM players would play it!
>
>  Seems like you need a newer version of MOVIE.  (An animation player
>that is made by those people at Byte by Byte - SCULPT)

Gosh, I wish people wouldn't post anims in that secret format!
Can't the Sculpt stuff also be saved out as ANIM 5 type?

File interchange: sometimes a joke, thanks to things like this <sigh>.

thx - kevin <kdarling@catt.ncsu.edu>

nj@magnolia.Berkeley.EDU (Narciso Jaramillo) (04/03/91)

Someone wrote:

   >>         After downloading donna.movie from ab20 I found that none of my
   >> ANIM players would play it!

   >  Seems like you need a newer version of MOVIE.  (An animation player
   >that is made by those people at Byte by Byte - SCULPT)

There's a version of MOVIE in the archive `vger.lzh' on ab20.larc.nasa.gov
in /amiga/graphics/anims.  If `donna.movie' uses J-type compression, then
this is the one you want.

nj