[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] ANIMS

a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) (01/21/91)

> chymes@fribourg.csmil.umich.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1991Jan21.201459.25739@engin.umich.edu>
>
> Org.  : Cognitive Science Machine Intelligence Laboratory, U of M.
> Person: Charles Hymes
>

> Also, Animation Bridge does not seem to work. It reads is files, and
> writes out files, but the files are unchanged! they have exactly the
> same bytes, no matter what output format you select!
>

> Charlweed Hymerfan

Well, here at Mythra-mations we aim to please. Animation Bridge is one of our
products and, if you are a registered user, I'd be more than happy to help you
through whatever problems you're having. There are certain times when Animation
Bridge will not make changes. One of those times is when you feed it a J-type
compression animation. If you read the docs you'll note that this is, indeed,
mentioned.
-Ron Tarrant
a976@Mindlink.UUCP
c/o Mythra-mations Animation and Software
902 West 17 Ave.
Vancouver, BC.
Canada V5Z-1V4

chymes@fribourg.csmil.umich.edu (Charles Hymes) (01/22/91)

The most annoying thing about Movie/Diblm/pilbm is that the files are
not playable in  other amim players. Neither Dpaint nor AmigaVision
or Photon Paint will read Movie 1.0 anims.
Apparently the program we want is MakeAnim, which will deal with most
any ILBM and make nice clean ANIMS. The problem is finding it.
It is supposed to be on BIX Plink and or genie, but I cant use thoese
systems. If you get ahold of this, or know of a free site where it is,
please send me a copy, or let me know of the site.

Also, Animation Bridge does not seem to work. It reads is files, and
writes out files, but the files are unchanged! they have exactly the
same bytes, no matter what output format you select!

Charlweed Hymerfan

cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) (04/03/91)

	I'm looking for some more animations like the Donna.movie
on NASA, anyone seen any more?

matt.

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (04/03/91)

cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) writes:
>	I'm looking for some more animations like the Donna.movie
>on NASA, anyone seen any more?

Has anyone actually LOOKED at the Donna Movie?

(I thought it was a MaDonna Movie, (Like i saw in a Mag))

Nope... It's just a simple (HUGE) movie of a Nude lady taking
a Few steps back and forth... Wow............ZZZZZzzzzzz..

INMHO It's a rather sad anim, oops it's in MOVIE format.
I've seen better stuff done with Flip cards...

:^)

Surely therre's gotta be some GOOD anims out there..

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  aka Willis F York   aka Squid on IRC
The only thing that Apple invented is the idea to borrow Xerox-invented ideas.