[comp.sys.amiga.graphics] <None>

cfw@burn.Prime.COM (Christopher Wroten) (01/30/91)

I FTP'd an animation apparently expected to be played by MOVIE, since
the animations'a suffix was ".movie".  However, MOVIE is unable to play
it as are any of the other animation players I've got.  They all crap
out with the message "illegal op value for delta mode".  Anyone got any
idea what's going on?

The file is DONNA.MOVIE from /incoming/amiga on AB20 (128.155.23.64).

sjcst2@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Scott J. Corley) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan29.132843@burn.Prime.COM> cfw@burn.Prime.COM (Christopher Wroten) writes:
>I FTP'd an animation apparently expected to be played by MOVIE, since
>the animations'a suffix was ".movie".  However, MOVIE is unable to play
>it as are any of the other animation players I've got.  They all crap
>out with the message "illegal op value for delta mode".  Anyone got any
>idea what's going on?
>
>The file is DONNA.MOVIE from /incoming/amiga on AB20 (128.155.23.64).

Chris , I'm the person who uploaded the file donna.lzh (which contains
donna.movie) to ab20. I dont know why you are having problems with it.
When I uploaded it to my account in order to transfer it to ab20 I
downloaded it again to see if my upload was correct because I have
fairly noisy phone lines. That download was ok so I ftp'ed it to ab20.
Maybe the file got munged by the transfer to ab20. I'm using the
MOVIE program written for Byte-By-Byte by Eric Graham and it runs fine
for me. I'll ftp the file from ab20 and check to see it its ok. You
could also check your copy of MOVIE to see if its ok. Maybe a newer
version of MOVIE is required. The version I have is dated 1988. I
didnt upload it because I thought that it was already on ab20.

If the file donna.lzh I ftp'ed to ab20 is corrupted I'll upload it
again but it might take awhile as I'm about to lose my account on
this machine and another account I managed to get is VMS (ugh!)
and I havent been able to figure out its intricacies yet.
Also , uploading a 530k file at 2400 baud is a royal pain. I hope all
the other files I uploaded to ab20 arent corrupted since most of them
are fairly large. The other files I uploaded are SaxonDemo_1.lzh ,
SaxonDemo_2.lzh , DynaCADD.lzh , GlobulousDemo.lzh. Has anyone else
downloaded these files and gotten them to work? It would help me a
lot if I knew if those files were ok or not.

                  Scott Corley

The address of my new account is spice@drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu
You might want to send any E-mail to that account instead of
this one.

kholland@hydra.unm.edu (Kiernan Holland) (03/09/91)

Hey, does anybody know how good journeyman is? I just saw a review in
Amiga World about it. Spline modeling is what I like and want.
well see ya.

podop03@bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu (Kriston J. Rehberg) (03/20/91)

Hey folks, is a NEC 4D useable with an Amiga with the display enhancer
and can it be used with the ECS Denise?  Can it be used with the A2410
U'Lowell 24-bit graphics board?

.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Kriston J. Rehberg, student operator       | "Only Amiga makes it possible" |
|----------------------------------| Once the XBALANCE system has been erased |
| Opinions expressed here are my   `------------------------------------------'
| own and do not at all reflect those of my employer nor this organization  /

kholland@hydra.unm.edu (Kiernan Holland) (04/02/91)

Heyo,

I just found out that DCTV save 24-bit color data in a different
form than usual. Instead of being a Digital format like
RGB, the information is saved as digital waveforms (samples)
of NTSC signal. I read about it in the March edition of
Amazing computing. What this means is that the DCTV format
files (uncompressed) have no obvious form.

 Since NTSC is one signal and is decoded into RGB by your TV set,
 you have to have a NTSC decoder emulator of some sort to to convert
 DCTV format to 24-bit IFF format.

  Later

mark@calvin..westford.ccur.com (Mark Thompson) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr01.191440.773@ariel.unm.edu> kholland@hydra.unm.edu (Kiernan Holland) writes:
>I just found out that DCTV save 24-bit color data in a different
>form than usual.
> you have to have a NTSC decoder emulator of some sort to to convert
> DCTV format to 24-bit IFF format.

WRONG! DCTV saves in three formats one of which is standard 24bit RGB IFF.
You must have misinterpreted the article you read.
%       `       '                Mark Thompson                          %
%  --==* RADIANT *==--           mark@westford.ccur.com                 %
%       ' Image `                ...!{decvax,uunet}!masscomp!mark       %
%      Productions               (508)392-2480  (603)424-1829           %